Electric Fan Removal 2005 W163 ML 270 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

michael8554

Car
(ML270CDI, A160 W168) - 2007 A150 W169
Electric fan, not the viscous type.

I want to replace the auxiliary drive belt, belt tensioner, and guide pulley, but all the videos are for ML's with the viscous fan.

I think the electric fan and shroud will need to be removed to give enough access to these parts.

I have found one reference that says to unplug the electrics from above, remove two bolts from below, then lower the fan and remove from underneath.

Can anyone confirm this is the correct method?

Thanks

Michael

Electric fan, not the viscous type.

I want to replace the auxiliary drive belt, belt tensioner, and guide pulley, but all the videos are for ML's with the viscous fan.

I think the electric fan and shroud will need to be removed to give enough access to these parts.

I have found one reference that says to unplug the electrics from above, remove two bolts from below, then lower the fan and remove from underneath.

Can anyone confirm this is the correct method?

Thanks

Michael

Think you also remove three U spring clips on the bottom edge in addition to the operations mentioned above but if its been done before they may be missing

Thanks Jane270ML

I joined that site a few years ago when I needed to replace a dashboard bulb, I'd forgotten about it. The PDF is just what I needed :->

Yes Graeme, there are 3 clips as well.

Cheers

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom