electric gate / garage door opener

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonathan

Car
CLK 280 CAB
i have read someware that you can have three buttons on your interior mirror that will control your gates and garage doors i have looked on the interior mirror and you can see three knock outs on the bottom left hand side where they would go but i dont know if theres a module that can be fitted in or if i could put one off my controllers in the mirror and wire three buttons in to it. i cant get it apart easily and dont want to brake it so does anyone know anything about this or how to open the mirror up it's on a 2009 clk cab thanks for all your help regards jon.

Hi,
As far as i,m aware you will have to replace the complete mirror assembly, to get the door/gate opener option and from experience these are not cheap £300-£400, but "should" just plug into your existing wiring. Ask your local dealer for the accessary catalogue for the 211 as if it is available as an accessary maybe cheaper than sourcing the number from the EPC.

Why not use a "simple" remote control as supplied with gates/garage doors?

Why not use a "simple" remote control as supplied with gates/garage doors?

hi i am using the hand held one now but it's easier not to have to get it out or fumble about for it especially when im driving towards the gates

Having taken the mirror apart on my C200K to change the "ambient" light bulb, I can confirm that behind the mirror glass its virtually empty and you could get quite a bit of electronics in there.
So it sounds possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom