Electric head rest

Discussion in 'Interior' started by flt.eng, Oct 22, 2011.

1. flt.eng

flt.eng Active Member

Car:
    E320 avantgared
    My drivers electric head rest, has never worked since buying the car, W211 E320 avantgared (03) The car is fitted with memory seats.Which all work fine, except the H/R.
    I have just discovered, that that it does work. As long as you're not sittinging in the seat.
    What connection can there (presumably) be. Between the seat pressure plate & the head rest?

2. OP
    OP
    flt.eng

flt.eng Active Member

Car:
    E320 avantgared
    I understand there is'nt a pressure plate under the drivers seat. Only under the pax. seat.
    So any other ideas.

3. OP
    OP
    flt.eng

flt.eng Active Member

Car:
    E320 avantgared
    For information. I've solved this problem. I eventually got round to taking the back of the seat off. Easily done. Pull off the lumber adjusting knob, take out the 2 screws at the bottom. Then pull the back down & away.
    I found the cable to the head rest trapped between the back cushion & the wire back support. Pulled it out & all is well. Except. After re-fitting the lumber screw just turns without engageing. I'm not going to worry about that too much as the pad is where I want it anyway.

4. RichAJ

RichAJ Active Member

Car:
    2012 W207 E350cdi 265bhp Edition. 2001 W208 CLK 230K Tip Avantgarde-Brabus K3 Modified - UP FOR SALE
    Great info thanks man.