Electric head rest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flt.eng

Car
E320 avantgared
My drivers electric head rest, has never worked since buying the car, W211 E320 avantgared (03) The car is fitted with memory seats.Which all work fine, except the H/R.
I have just discovered, that that it does work. As long as you're not sittinging in the seat.
What connection can there (presumably) be. Between the seat pressure plate & the head rest?

I understand there is'nt a pressure plate under the drivers seat. Only under the pax. seat.
So any other ideas.

I understand there is'nt a pressure plate under the drivers seat. Only under the pax. seat.
So any other ideas.

For information. I've solved this problem. I eventually got round to taking the back of the seat off. Easily done. Pull off the lumber adjusting knob, take out the 2 screws at the bottom. Then pull the back down & away.
I found the cable to the head rest trapped between the back cushion & the wire back support. Pulled it out & all is well. Except. After re-fitting the lumber screw just turns without engageing. I'm not going to worry about that too much as the pad is where I want it anyway.

Great info thanks man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom