Electric Memory seat control unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

striker600

Car
2001 c270 cdi avantgarde estate Auto w203
Hi. I have a problem with my Electric memory seats. It started About a year ago. See my related thread. http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/64185-battery-keeps-going-flat.html

A silly Breakdown recovery man jump started my car directly at the battery terminals witch i didn`t no at the time is a big NO! This problem caused a current drain on the battery of approx 1020 milli amps (1.02 amps) I established this by testing with a multi meter connected in series and by removing consumer fuses in turn. The passenger memory seat fuse being the only cause of the current drain. As to tempory fix this problem i removed that fuse. A few weeks ago i put the fuse back & the passenger memory seat wouldnt work. As the battery was sounding lazy when cranking engine, i tested for current drain again. This time only the drivers memory seat fuse was found to be causing a current drain reading of aproxx 1 amp. I have removed the drivers memory seat fuse,as to stop battery eventually going flat.
My car was at a body repair shop for 3 weeks & im wondering weather the battery went flat & they have jump started it at the battery terminals.
My question is before i buy 2 memory seat control units is there any memory seat control relays i can check and/or replace? If so what are the relay numbers?
Just to let you Know all other consumers seam to be working ok.
Any other comments/advice will be apprieciated. Thanking you in advance.

Snap, exact same problem.

Both seat modules are faulty, just now i have the can connector disconnected under the seat.

Well I didn't know that. I've always jump started battery to battery. So it can cause problems? In what way?

There is a fix for the control unit that Benzed-up gave me. You are essentially removing any feed to the unit unless the ignition is on. I haven't tried it yet as I have only just had the seat controller diagnosed as the culprit by MB.

I would need to send you an e-mail with the instructions. If you want to PM me your e-mail address.

hi Trainer,

i know this is several years down the line now, but do you still have the rewiring details? if so could i get them off you please.

many thanks

I also have details of this workaround. PM me your email if you require a copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom