Electric Mini does 0-60 in 4.5 secs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
640bhp therefore??? And never heard of an elec motor producing 160 (at least for passenger car installations).

Electric cars are the future people!

Please check these out: http://www.commutercars.com

Since electric cars--especially small ones--are generally thought to be slow and weak performers we set out to blow some minds by designing the Tango to accelerate through the standing 1/4 mile in 12 seconds at over 120 mph and travel from 0 to 60 mph in 4 seconds.

Looks very impressive, wonder how long we'd have to wait for this sort of thing to come to market & at what cost???

I saw this at the Motorshow, all you see is a normal Mini with yellow plastic covers behind each wheel. To be honest with you I did not pay much attention to it and only when I read Autocar the following week that I found out the boring little Mini that I dismissed was so special. Doh!.

I've got no issue with cars with alternative propulsion if they go fast and don't look like something Noddy should be driving.

Long live innovation!

Rose Chap said:
I've got no issue with cars with alternative propulsion if they go fast and don't look like something Noddy should be driving.

How's this: Tesla Motors
wallpaper_front3-4_view.jpg

:cool:

It was featured in Wired last month; tres cool.

248bhp (13,500rpm redline!)
0-60: 4s
130mph max
250 miles range

Pretty good for an electric car! Lots of ex-Lotus engineers/stylists worked on it.

Often the case at motorshows - you see something that looks boring but it turns out to be famous or special. It's the way you think when you're there. Elise 265E is on 4Car.

Electric cars may be the future - but they're not the answer to the pollution problem - they just push the pollution back up the chain to the power station. Drax kicks out over 20 million tons of CO2 per year

Electric cars suffer from limited range, high weight and battery packs that require replacing regularly. In principle they're great but unless there's a huge change in the UK taxation system I don't think they'll make much of an impact

Electric Smarts arrive in the UK soon - that's an electric car I'd consider. I predict London will be full of them because they're Congestion Charge exempt and people will spend £10k on a car to save £8 / day. That's an example of what I mean about changes being needed in the taxation system

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

bolide said:
Electric cars may be the future - but they're not the answer to the pollution problem - they just push the pollution back up the chain to the power station. Drax kicks out over 20 million tons of CO2 per year
Standard response is: I can choose to charge the thing using whatever electricity source I want, nuke, coal, wind, solar etc and one power station is a lot easier to control pollution on than millions of cars.
bolide said:
Electric cars suffer from limited range, high weight and battery packs that require replacing regularly.
How regularly? Ask someone that owns a hybrid when they last swapped the battery. They usually come with 5 years warranty anyway! Weight and range are down to poor batteries. We have the technology to make excellent batteries but sadly no-one wants to spend half a million pounds on the battery pack for their car unless they're in the market for a Venturi Fetish.

Over two thirds of the people on this forum travel less than 30 miles to work - they could all be doing this in an electric car.
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=7916
bolide said:
Electric Smarts arrive in the UK soon - that's an electric car I'd consider. I predict London will be full of them because they're Congestion Charge exempt and people will spend £10k on a car to save £8 / day. That's an example of what I mean about changes being needed in the taxation system
No road tax and cheaper insurance is another reason. Maybe also ~300mpg equivalent (based on price per charge) is another factor! :)

Silvertank said:
Soon to be bought out by one of the big oil companies......

......And then shelved.

Tank the Synical

There's a video somewhere on who killed the electric car... so you're probably right!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom