electric mirrors w124

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by mattc, Aug 14, 2008.

1. mattc

mattc Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2003 E270 avantgarde, 1994 E320 Coupe
    HI All

is it possible to lubricate these? My passenger side one moves in all directions but seems a bit jerky when i want to move it outwards.

matt

2. grober

grober MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    the moveable mirror plate is mounted on a pivot P + two adjusting motors M+M to move it. The motors are attached to the mirror plate via little plastic ball joints. Sounds as if the one that moves the mirror in the horizontal plane has come adrift you need to push the side of the mirror glass nearest the car back firmly into the shell so that it engages with little ball on the end of the motor shaft. You may hear the motor whirring and you will feel a distinct click as the ball on the head of the motor shaft engages with the corresponding socket on the back of the mirror. Its best ( tho probably not necessary) to have the mirror electrically unplugged while you do this.Here's a pic you need to mentally rotate the upper mirror glass ( its back is shown) thro 180 degrees in the horizontal plane to line up with the 2 motor balls marked M on the adjusting motor shown below. Then you are looking at the assembly towards the reflecting surface so to speak.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  3. OP
    OP
    mattc

mattc Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2003 E270 avantgarde, 1994 E320 Coupe
    Many thanks Graeme

I will see what I can butcher whilst attempting to "fix" it.