Electric Roof not working right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scott6089

Car
Sl320
hi i have a mercedes sl320 1999 the soft top isnt working , when you go to put the roof down it lifts the back up and the storage area up and then it unlocks the front (above the windscreen) but dose not pull the roof back.
i have checked the oil in the reservoir . reset the front windows , and changed the roof ecu over out of anther sl and its still the same. Any help would be grate thank you Scott

What happens if you put the roof down manually? Does it go back up ok on its own?

The next step is to get it plugged in. I expect one of the switches isn't switching. There are pages of switch values when you plug it in. Is the battery good? Have you jump started it recently? Was the control unit the same part number?

The next step is to get it plugged in. I expect one of the switches isn't switching. There are pages of switch values when you plug it in. Is the battery good? Have you jump started it recently? Was the control unit the same part number?
battery is good yes and the part numbers are the same on the roof ecu ,i am in the motor trade and my dads good friend has the star machine but we couldnt get it to read the car for some reason ? , i have only had it a week and i have not jump stared the car. i think its a switch but un till i can get this star machine to work its a mind field

Some copied Star machines won't work on the older MB's.
You will also need a copy of WIS to help guide you through. Have a look at the top roof rams. The ones above your head at the front. Remove that trim and have a look at the mechanisms. They often wear and cause the issue you have but its difficult to see that with out the live data from the roof. They are £460 each IIRC so be sure!

I do lots of these roof issues. I usually have one in my workshop that I'm working on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom