Electric Scooter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
I've been working with a new client, and realized that I can take an entirely different route to work.

The route involves driving 10 miles, then getting a train; but it saves nearly 40 minutes of journey if I can do those 10 miles in a reasonable time.

That said, traffic is an issue, as those 10 miles are around the M40/M25 junction and the M4 Heathrow roundabout...

Also, parking at the train station isn't cheap... but I noticed electric vehicle charging stations, and free motorcycle parking.

So here's a question; has anyone seen an electric scooter/moped, that can do a reasonable speed (40/50mph ideally) with a range of around 30-miles? I have full bike license, so that isn't a concern.

All I've been able to find (in the UK) is naked motorbikes, or cheap scooters limited to 25mph...

Is there something out there I've missed?
M

You need something that goes faster than 40-50mph if you are using the M40/M25 surely?

BMW maybe £15k

or another source "BMW wouldn't even hint at a price, they did say they'd be looking at leasing the C evolution, rather than selling"

You need something that goes faster than 40-50mph if you are using the M40/M25 surely?

Not using those - just going over them :) Technically, Swakeley's Roundabout and the A312/M4 roundabouts. That's where I normally get stuck in traffic.... Otherwise it's all 30/40mph limit roads (with a 50 if I go down Stockley park road).

To be honest, after some looking it seems like "free" motoring will cost more than driving a second-hand petrol-scooter/motorbike and paying for the road tax, petrol and MOTs when compared to an electric scooter at £10-£15k...

No way I'm leaving my Ducati in Feltham... and I've only recently found out that there are only 40 left of my Cagivas (of which I have 1.5); so I've started taking a little bit more care of the old gal :p I did see an old (1966) vespa on fleabay for £1k (+ import fees) that would be fun...

M.

Last edited:
I have a YBR125 I keep meaning to sell. 200mpg, £10 road tax and it isnt exactly a target for thieves if you put a lock on it.

Think its done under 5k from new.

I have a YBR125 I keep meaning to sell. 200mpg, £10 road tax and it isnt exactly a target for thieves if you put a lock on it.

Think its done under 5k from new.

I may be interested... and if not me, my other half (who passed her CBT last summer... she will need to get some more training before getting back on a bike I reckon).

Are you willing to share some more details?

M.

One thing that has always disturbed me about the concept of electric motorcycling : Silence.

I always fit really loud pipes onto my motorcycles as most drivers will hear me before they bother to look at the bright yellow bodywork!

Loud exhaust = best safety device for 2 wheels.

sure - I bought it for Mrs Sp!ke, she rode it once and it has sat at the back of the garage taking up space ever since....

Needs an MOT and Tax but I can arrange MOT before sale if required as I know it'll sail through.

It needs nothing doing to it having done very few miles from new.

I rode it to my work for a few days thinking I could commute on it but I do 60 motorway miles a day and although it will do 60mph, I found it not suited for motorways so havn't used it since.

It is a 2008 model - not sure what its worth really - I just had a look at completed items on ebay but that didnt really help much on its value. I'm guessing £800

How come? All Southerners claim the M25 is like a gridlocked car-park?

Often the M25 is the least congested motorway I use, people want to try the M1 or M6 in the mornings.

You need to filter at above 70 to make it safer ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom