ELECTRIC SCOOTERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When you read this it makes you wonder how these rental firms ever make a profit:

What makes you think rental firms make a profit ? Or even want to make a profit ?

Profit, darling, so unnecessary.....

Tesla: the most valuable car firm in the world: hasn't made a profit yet.

Uber: still hasn't made a profit. Lost more than £6 billion last year.

Deliveroo: Obviously not....

Lime rentals picked up about $300 million in revenue last year, against costs of over $700 million.

Profit ? Meaningless in the world of New Tech....

lime-scooters.jpg

Last edited:
What makes you think rental firms make a profit ? Or even want to make a profit ?

Profit, darling, so unnecessary.....

Tesla: the most valuable car firm in the world: hasn't made a profit yet.

Uber: still hasn't made a profit. Lost more than £6 billion last year.

Deliveroo: Obviously not....

Lime rentals picked up about $300 million in revenue last year, against costs of over $700 million.

Profit ? Meaningless in the world of New Tech....

lime-scooters.jpg
Taking over and in time destroying an established sector takes lots and lots of money.

If only the real owners did not hide behind the catchy media friendly brand names it would be so much clearer.

For example Tesla = US Govt. (at startup), Wonga's owners turned their attention to the property market via Purple Bricks online estate agent.

Anyone know any more?

Taking over and in time destroying an established sector takes lots and lots of money.
If only the real owners did not hide behind the catchy media friendly brand names it would be so much clearer.
For example Tesla = US Govt. (at startup), Wonga's owners turned their attention to the property market via Purple Bricks online estate agent.
Anyone know any more?

Would that it were so simple.
It's our pensions that drive the insanity of these prices.
Once a company becomes large enough the fund managers have to own a part of it because it's a part of the NASDAQ / tech sector.

That $200 billion Tesla stock valuation is your pension and the wealth of substantial investors, not the US Government.

Ditto the $60 billion Uber stock valuation.

If that tech sector catches a cold, those values will drop like a stone. (Cue Biden, China, Covid19 etc etc....)

Still, it's only our pensions. It's not as if we need that money in a hurry.

Bit of a thread revival regarding the e-scooters.

There was two chaps on scooters today shifting it along the pavement , i kept pace with them at 38mph , could not believe how rapid (dangerous) these things are now getting.

Bad enough those speeds on the road whilst unlicensed / un-insured , but on the pavement is just nuts.

Going to be a few sore ones , or worse , until they get tough on these things and the way they are driven.

K

Bit of a thread revival regarding the e-scooters.

There was two chaps on scooters today shifting it along the pavement , i kept pace with them at 38mph , could not believe how rapid (dangerous) these things are now getting.

Bad enough those speeds on the road whilst unlicensed / un-insured , but on the pavement is just nuts.

Going to be a few sore ones , or worse , until they get tough on these things and the way they are driven.

K
38mph!! I’m a bit of a daredevil but there’s no way I’m going to hit that kind of speed on one of them.

Dickheads like that would soon blame a motorist should they get hit.🙄

Or successfully claim the council when their wee 3" wheel gets stuck in a pothole and they go ar$e over t#t and cause themselves a bit of damage at a helmet-less 38mph.

But somehow it wont be their fault :rolleyes:

K

I saw a bloke on one up by Baker St station on Tuesday morning. Jumping all the lights including shooting straight across the Euston Road/Baker St junction!! He was dressed in his protective shorts, vest, headphones and a pair of Crocs!!

I really had to look away.

I saw a bloke on one up by Baker St station on Tuesday morning. Jumping all the lights including shooting straight across the Euston Road/Baker St junction!! He was dressed in his protective shorts, vest, headphones and a pair of Crocs!!

I really had to look away.
Did he have a forehead tattoo- T.W.A.T ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom