Electric seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dustydes

Car
glc250d
Glc x253 250d 2018

Hi
The motor holding bracket for the forward and backwards seat movement has snapped.
I have looked everywhere and can only find what I think is correct part on aliexpress.
It looks correct but hard to say as Ive had no time to remove seat.
Trying to locate without a proper name or part number is difficult.
Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• Power-Seat-Flexible-Shaft-Soft-Drive-Axis-Wire-for-Benz-C-Series-C180-C200-C260.jpg_Q90.jpg_ c...jpg
    Power-Seat-Flexible-Shaft-Soft-Drive-Axis-Wire-for-Benz-C-Series-C180-C200-C260.jpg_Q90.jpg_ c...jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 3
Welcome to the Forum.

Have you asked a Mercedes dealer to get quote for the part?

If you go to the Parts department they can pull up the component parts of the seat on screen and identify the part you need.

At least you will know that it is correct and will fit.

Welcome to the Forum.

Have you asked a Mercedes dealer to get quote for the part?

If you go to the Parts department they can pull up the component parts of the seat on screen and identify the part you need.

At least you will know that it is correct and will fit.
Not yet I did phone but they wanted me to go in and nearest is 20 miles away. Will see if parts are open tomorrow

Not yet I did phone but they wanted me to go in and nearest is 20 miles away. Will see if parts are open tomorrow
There will be a number of reasons they want you go to them.

Firstly they do not generally give put part numbers.

Secondly they can check directly with you that it is the correct part and if you order it they will want you to pay for it 👍👍

How many miles on this vehicle ? have you tried getting it done (or part paid for) on warranty ? Even if it has 'run out' ?

How many miles on this vehicle ? have you tried getting it done (or part paid for) on warranty ? Even if it has 'run out' ?
22,550m
Still has warranty but to be honest its such a pain getting to them and back etc. + when my car last went in for a check they wouldnt give me a loan car longer than I day. I work nights and had to get there back and then return and back the same day. Couldnt arrange a better day and still had to wait 4 weeks for that. So if cheap I will just pay and diy

22,550m
Still has warranty but to be honest its such a pain getting to them and back etc. + when my car last went in for a check they wouldnt give me a loan car longer than I day. I work nights and had to get there back and then return and back the same day. Couldnt arrange a better day and still had to wait 4 weeks for that. So if cheap I will just pay and diy
I can see your point.

Rather poor attitude from your dealer though.

Just one thing to mention, if you do repair it yourself you may invalidate the warranty you have left.

I can see your point.

Rather poor attitude from your dealer though.

Just one thing to mention, if you do repair it yourself you may invalidate the warranty you have left.
Sure but its only a few bolts dont think they would know.

Sure but its only a few bolts dont think they would know.
There would be a record of you ordering parts.

Unlikely I know but never underestimate the ability of a company to deny future warranty claims 😁👍

If this is the rail that bolts to the floor of the car you should use new bolts and get the torque settings 100% correct. This will be an 'A' grade (life or death) process at the factory.

Many of the rivets , fixings and welds on modern car seats are 'A' grade. A surprising number in fact.

If this is the rail that bolts to the floor of the car you should use new bolts and get the torque settings 100% correct. This will be an 'A' grade (life or death) process at the factory.

Many of the rivets , fixings and welds on modern car seats are 'A' grade. A surprising number in fact.
No not that part, this is plastic rail that holds motors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom