electric seats (wiring)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pepe

Car
c250 td 1998
Anyone got any advise on the easiest way to install the electric leather seats i bought from Philsy2K (cheers mate).
Came with the complete wiring loom which goes from seats to door card switches and then to the battery in the boot. There are loads of wires in this loom which dont have anything to do with seats which will be window wiring etc.
Is it going to be easier to split this loom down to the wiring i need or basically take the old loom out and replace with this one. Anyone done this before ? Seems simple enough ie. goes from battery in boot then splits to both A posts then from there to switches and seats.

Personally, I would lay the loom out, break it up, split what you need and rebind it.

When you say "goes from battery". Nothing runs directly from the battery, so I gues it connects to the auxillary fuse box in the boot?? Just guessing.

Hi Graham,
Yes ive got the aux fuse box in with the wiring ,looks like that will be the easiest thing to do. from the looks of it 4 wires go from the aux fuse box to the front of car and these then go into blocks which then spur off to switches and seats, im hoping maybe im lucky and some of the wiring is there already. i remember having the passenger side sill off a while back and there being some unused sockets in with the wiring. Wish me luck !!

pepe the wiring loom that came with your seats is for pre-face lift - it wont work in your car.

You need to buy a new wiring loom for each side.

Hiya Koolvin,
The loom that was supplied with the seats is from the c43 which was a year 2000 car . I think Philsy2k just plugged his c43 seats into his c36 wiring. Ive checked it all and it all fits together with corresponding wiring, will have to have a closer look at my wiring in car and see what ive got.

All done and working !!
just plugged straight in , only mod i did was instead of running the power wires back to the fuse box in boot ,cut them and tapped into existing 12v fused feed in door sills and installed extra fuse just to be on safe side. tested with meter and that 12v feed isnt pulling anywhere near fuse rating with seats and windows etc operating together. Even the headrests motor up and down !! thank god for new toys !!
Just got to install properly now by running loom into the door panel and mounting the seat switches into my facelift panel.:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom