Electric Side Door Upgrade to a 639 Vito

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m80

MB Enthusiast
Car
Viano ex long, 651 2014. S211 646 2009 (till the Gov't drones blow 'em off the road)
I've put this in electronics as I see that that is where I expect issues.

I have availability of the parts to upgrade, as title.
Doors, motors, controllers, dash buttons, B pillar switches. Even the wiring.

My thoughts are that fitting the hardwareshouldn't be complicated.
I haven't checked to see if there are an availability of required wiring and sockets in the Vito, but being MB possibly not.

I would axpect the dash switch cluster to just cahnge easily (I've repalced and even adapted those previously) and then just plug in.
The door pads are there so the internal wiring of the doors is no issue, besides if I use donor doors (better nick than my beat up Vito) it'll be there already.

Any thoughts on where to pick up wiring for the B pillar switches and B pillar pads would be appreciated,
same for supplying the motors and controllers whithin the rear side panels.

Then the coding, here I am lost so thought on that appreciated also.

How complicated is it to deal with MB to upgrade the data card, assuming I get that far?

All thoughts and criticisms of my dreaming greatly appreciated, better I learn I'm a no hoper on this before applying wasted effort.

It's one of only a few options not on my van & to be honest that's the way it's going to stay not because I couldn't do the retro fit just cause I've heard that they are very trouble some from my Merc tech mates when i looked into it about 4 years ago maybe more ago!
I think you will have to cut the B pillars to fit the second contact, if you have a donor Viano then it should be an easy swap.. as for doing the data card & coding it's easy enough if you have a good dealer & a helpful tech.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yes I go along with the troublesome bit, I'm considering using my 'resting Viano as the donor,
but I've some experience and hopefully undestand the system some.

If they annoy me it's easy to pull the fuses, and disconnecting the push pull cable to reduce the drag isn't difficult

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom