Electric Window Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richh

Hi,

I have a W203 C-Class and have an intermitant problem with the front electric windows, The problem is as follows:

Both windows work fine, then one window or both stop working for no reason, if i slam the offending door quite hard then they work again.

During the period when they are not working, when you try to operate the window a slight clicking can be heard as if the window is trying to operate.

I think the electrics are ok, my thoughts are, dose it need re-setting although i have tried holding the switch up/down for five seconds, or is it jamming some how and slamming the door loosens it?

Any help would be welcomed

richh said:
Hi,

I have a W203 C-Class and have an intermitant problem with the front electric windows, The problem is as follows:

Both windows work fine, then one window or both stop working for no reason, if i slam the offending door quite hard then they work again.

During the period when they are not working, when you try to operate the window a slight clicking can be heard as if the window is trying to operate.

I think the electrics are ok, my thoughts are, dose it need re-setting although i have tried holding the switch up/down for five seconds, or is it jamming some how and slamming the door loosens it?

Any help would be welcomed

All windows fight friction to a degree. However slamming the window could just a easily lead to breaking the glass retainer and making things worse. What you have is a problem with the window motor. I had such a problem with mine and found it was easily replaced. Perhaps if you nip it in the bud then you might be ok to stop it getting worse.

There might also be a problem with the SAM module that supplies power to the motor ..... given it makes a clicking sound then I doubt that is the case.

miro said:
All windows fight friction to a degree. However slamming the window could just a easily lead to breaking the glass retainer and making things worse. What you have is a problem with the window motor. I had such a problem with mine and found it was easily replaced. Perhaps if you nip it in the bud then you might be ok to stop it getting worse.

There might also be a problem with the SAM module that supplies power to the motor ..... given it makes a clicking sound then I doubt that is the case.
With window stuck have the door open so that you can see the pavement light under the door operate the down window switch and see if the light goes dim this will mean that the motor is under a lot of load so the sam and door card are working ok and the fault is in the linkage or the glass
is stuck in the runners.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom