Electric windows W114

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

southpalace

Car
C220 CDI
Recently bought a 1969 W114 250C coupe in need of TLC or full resto.... not decided yet.... BUT one of the rear windows is stuck in down position... i.e its open. The car is imported from US and suffered fire damage in engine bay so all the wiring is toast....(am definitely gonna need appropriate wiring loom and few electrical parts like relays and connector blocks). Anyways, I wanted to isolate the motor for that window from the rest of the car and activate it to close it. Wondering if anybody has any nuggets of wisdom on whether this is a good idea or not:dk:. Don't want to create an extra job for myself !! Thanks !

Unlikely its just down to motor failure- more likely the mechanism is jammed. Only option is to remove the trim and see the state of the window/window mechanism/motor

see /8-dokumentacja

Strip the rear trim out as Graeme says and see. The mechanisms are very susceptible to water ingress and rust, which might also include lots of dirt from a hot climate, and the bodywork at the base is also a big rust area.

As that car wiring is toast, you might be lucky and find it is merely the wiring. Some helpful stuff here.

Gentlemen thank you for your input. I knew it wasn't gonna be straight forward. I had a read of both links and think I am going to have to dismantle first. I already have the back seats and "door card trim" out and removed the inspection panel. Now its just a case of separating the window from the motor whilst the window is down..... but that will happen at the weekend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom