Electrical problem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
Mercedes 230te
Hi everyone.
I would very much appreciate any ideas on this.
I have a 2013 E350 Blue efficiency 265 and there are some strange things happening with it.
The engine light came on and after checking it, it came up with P010A, (Mass or volume air flow B circuit), and P010C, (Mass or volume air flow B circuit low). I also have a P0123. (Throttle/pedal position sensor/switch A circuit high. Though I don't think this is related to the other two.

I took the sensors out and cleaned them with the relevant cleaner. Light went off for 3 days and came back on. Same codes. Then started having other strange symptoms. On a 20mile drive I noticed the temperature needle hadn't moved 10miles in and the cooling fans were on continuosly. Pulled over, switched off and on again, fans went off and temperature needle started going up again. Then another day, stoped at a shop, (in the rain), when I restarted the car the parking sensors were going crazy. Turned sensors off, got home, switched car off, back on again and sensors were fine.

Don't want to spend the £575 on new air mass sensors if it's something else causing it. Any one else had this?

Thanks in advance.
Steve.

Hi Steve,
That does all sound a bit weird. Almost like you have got water where you shouldn’t. Check the fuse boxes for any sign of water and that the scuttle drains are clear. Has everything been fine up to now?

Hi Steve,
That does all sound a bit weird. Almost like you have got water where you shouldn’t. Check the fuse boxes for any sign of water and that the scuttle drains are clear. Has everything been fine up to now?
Hi Andrew.
Thanks for your reply. I will check these things. The issue with the throttle pedal switch is an old one. It goes into limp mode if you put your foot all the way down and press the switch.

The thing with the air mass codes started about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks.

Yeps sounds more like low voltage/grounding/CAN bus problem.
Hi.
Thanks for your help. Not sure where to start with that one to be honest. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom