Electricity prices going up again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From what I understand (Right or Wrong) That gives control to the supplier...who can turn you off if they want...when demand is high...plus I think I would spend all day looking at it and turning every ting off...which is probably the point of them...but I just want a decent price with no gimmicks
never heard of this. Surely the regulator would not allow suppliers to turn you off without good reason

I've signed up with Cheap Energy Club, as I got bored of going through manual comparison every year - just switched to a different provider - effortless.

"Smart" meters make not a blind bit of difference to the amount of fuel you use, you use what you use. Energy companies use them as it saves paying some poor sod to read the meter. I have had one installed to get a decent price and pay £65 a month duel fuel, having seen some of the monthly prices in this thread I can only assume some of you must be running cannabis farms 24/7 lol. ;)

I moved from British Gas to Utility Warehouse about 10 years ago, their promise at the time was that they will always be cheaper than British Gas in my area. When I checked them a few months later, their tariff was £0.01 cheaper... cheeky buggers.

BUT - they have very good customer service, and so I stayed with them all these years.

Might be a good idea to shop around again....

I moved from British Gas to Utility Warehouse about 10 years ago, their promise at the time was that they will always be cheaper than British Gas in my area. When I checked them a few months later, their tariff was £0.01 cheaper... cheeky buggers.

BUT - they have very good customer service, and so I stayed with them all these years.

Might be a good idea to shop around again....
I’ve just moved from Utility Warehouse to Octopus Energy.

"Smart" meters make not a blind bit of difference to the amount of fuel you use, you use what you use. Energy companies use them as it saves paying some poor sod to read the meter. I have had one installed to get a decent price and pay £65 a month duel fuel, having seen some of the monthly prices in this thread I can only assume some of you must be running cannabis farms 24/7 lol. ;)

My understanding is that the government is forcing energy companies to fit smart meters as a mean to reduce energy consumption (because people can see what they are using).

Energy companies save on the human meter-readers, so it's a win-win. Though, I think there will still be some physical inspections, otherwise certain types will just rig the meters to send false readings.

And yes, the energy supplier can cut your supply if you haven't paid your bill on time... so smart meters can potentially replace the pre-paid electricity meters that (I think) are still fitted to some properties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom