Electrics gone bonkers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark.merc

Car
Sl500
MY 2002 SL500 HAS DEVELOPED A STRANGE FAULT IN THE ELECTRICS.
SOMETIMES IT UNLOCKS SOMETIMES IT DOSENT IT RANDOMLY LEAVES THE WINDOWS SLIGHTLY OPEN AFTER LOCKING.
CLOCK SHOWS 0.00 BUT AFTER ABOUT 5 MINUTES RUNNING IT SETS ITS SELF TO CORRECT TIME.
PUSH BUTTON WONT OPERATE THEN IT DOES.
AND ALL SORTS OF OTHER ODD THINGS KEEP HAPPENING.
THE DIAL SHOWS ESP BUT AFTER TURNING THE WHEEL BACK AND FORTH IT WILL DISSAPEAR,IT WILL THEN SHOW CONSUMERS OFF LINE 1 MALFUNCTION.
I HAVE HAD A DIAGNOSTIC CHECK DONE THROUGH MERCEDES AND THEY SAY ALTHOUGH IT SHOWED SOME SMALL ELECTRIC UNDER VOLTAGE READINGS THE ALTERNATOR IS WORKING CORRECTLY AND BOTH BATTERIES ARE FINE AND ARE ONLY 2YEARS OLD ANYWAY.
THEY HAVE SUGGESTED IT MUST BE THE KEYS NOT TALKING TO THE KEY BARREL AND THAT REPLACING THAT MIGHT BE THE ANSWER? BUT AT £800+ “MY GUESS” IM NOT SURE I SHOULD TAKE THE RISK.
ANY IDEAS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED 👍

Have you checked your battery charge level? Many electronic glitches can be traced to low battery charge, even at two years old the battery could be struggling.

Looks like you also have a problem with your keyboard as well.... CAPS lock stuck on?

Has the car suffered any water damage/has water leaked in? Some of the problems you state are similar to when my rear Sam got fried...

Did they let you know of any stored and or current faults, it's usually a good indicator as to what's going on...

Also your keyboard may be malfunctioning, caps...😉😁

Have you checked your battery charge level? Many electronic glitches can be traced to low battery charge, even at two years old the battery could be struggling.

Looks like you also have a problem with your keyboard as well.... CAPS lock stuck on?
Sorry about the caps lock old age I’m afraid 😂
The mechanic checked the battery voltage and alternator plus I also use my trickle charger most of the time to keep both batteries topped up.

Has the car suffered any water damage/has water leaked in? Some of the problems you state are similar to when my rear Sam got fried...

Did they let you know of any stored and or current faults, it's usually a good indicator as to what's going on...

Also your keyboard may be malfunctioning, caps...😉😁
Sorry about the caps it must be old age😁
Only fault showing is esp but that goes if you turn the wheel from side to side which leaves the low voltage malfunction but battery tests fine. He also checked something in the boot which is prone to getting damp but he said that was also ok..
I might try another new starter battery I think that one is 3 years old? the other battery in boot I bought 3 months ago so I know that ones ok. 👍

Decided to order a new Varta starter battery just in case 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom