Electromagnetic Parking Sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2003clk240

Car
Clk240
I am thinking of installing aftermarket electromagnetic parking sensors in my clk 240 (w209). I am hoping for shorter distance range operation, lower installation cost, avoiding bumper drilling.

Does anyone have any experience with these sensors as opposed to the more popular ultrasonic ones? Any reason not to choose this option?

Thanks.:bannana:

I bought a set off E-bay thinking it would save me drilling holes in the rear bumper, total waste, never got them to work.

The only good thing was, I found the markings where the factory sensors would have been fitted, so when I fitted my ultrasonic ones, they were aligned perfectly :thumb:

If the electromagnetic sensors were any good, surely manufacturers would be fitting them as standard :dk:

Your choice though, maybe I just bought some duff ones.

Thanks for you reply. You never go them to work at all or they didn't work as expected?

I guess they only work on something that's magnetic (hence the name); so plastic bumpers give so signal, nor do walls or wooden fences.

I completely agree with Hawkwind, I tried one & found it to be totally useless but found the markings on the inside of the bumper; I then bought a £15 kit from a seller on E bay& fitted them in about 1hr & they've worked well ever since. One word of warning though don't bother with the after market from parking sensors, they go off all the time when travelling over 5mph & you need to fit an on /off switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom