Electronic Log Book

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amwebby

MB Enthusiast
Car
CL500
Perusing the accessory catalogue for the CLS (http://www.mercedes-benz.sk/pdf/accessories/brochure_access_cls.pdf), I came across the Electronic Log Book.

It appears to be an electronic data recording system that plugs into COMAND and can be used to record journeys, creating a log that can be used for evaluating journeys, marking private and business use for example.

Does anyone know anything about this? Can it be fitted in other models, my 2000 W215 for instance?

I have not seen one but they claim it being compatible with every vehicle. No vehicle specific wiring needed, but there is still a vehicle specific cable. I assume it is a standalone device with its own GPS but powered from the car with this one cable.

- Simple installation is possible in every vehicle
- No vehicle-specific connections necessary
- No speedometer necessary
- Several vehicles per person can be managed at the same time

Sounds similar to what i fit in fleet vehicles. End user can log all journeys, check speed and pretty much anything else. Companys use it so their drivers can be billed for any private mileage in company vehicles.

Bob

Last edited:
I have not seen one but they claim it being compatible with every vehicle. No vehicle specific wiring needed, but there is still a vehicle specific cable. I assume it is a standalone device with its own GPS but powered from the car with this one cable.

- Simple installation is possible in every vehicle
- No vehicle-specific connections necessary
- No speedometer necessary
- Several vehicles per person can be managed at the same time

Any idea of the cost? I can't find it on Inchcape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom