Electronic oil check

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
E320 cdi s211 2005...previous car:Mercedes S350 2004
Hi all, well i have just had my car given a full service, but today i did a oil check with ign on, [ computer ] it stated that i needed 1 litre of oil, i travelled about 20 mile and checked it again, it stated that i needed 1 1/2 litres of oil, i looked for leak and nothing, so i put a litre of oil in and returned home, when i arrived home i checked again and it stated too much oil, could it be the sensor faulty? if it is how much from the stealers? thank you in advance Franklyn....
S211 E320 cdi 2005

They're famous for over estimating the amount of oil needed. Put in half of what the microbrain says.

Time to worry is if you get the Oil Overfill message. If you do get that pop up call into a local garage and ask them to suck some out for you. Over filling can damage the engine.

Get your hands on a dipstick and do it the old fashioned way, it never fails.

Russ

Ok thanks for that, will go back to the garage that serviced it and ask them to drain oil and refill with 6.8 litres [ amount of oil without filter change ] I have no oil dipstick, just the electronic level check, regards Franklyn...

I have no oil dipstick, just the electronic level check, regards Franklyn...

Ask your dealer to sell you one or buy one on E-Bay, the electronic level check is not to be relied upon.
Although you don't have a dipstick, the dipstick tube will still be there.

Russ

Try checking the level with the 'Service Menu'. These instructions and quantities are for a C Class, but maybe they will work with the E Class. http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/1725039-post4.html

Always keep the amount added at an oil change just below the maximum.

Thanks to Simon for posting the instructions.

Last edited:
Thanks again all with info, will buy dipstick tomorrow, regards Franklyn...

Any recommendations of the dipstick or will any do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom