Electronic organs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wallingd

MB Enthusiast
Help.

I own a Yamaha Electone HS-4 organ that I have had since 1991. I need to get rid of it. On paper it is worth around £400. It is now on eBay for its 3rd time + multiple othr adverts have resulted in next to nothing. I am informed by those around me locally that there is now no market for these. "No1 plays them" they say. Kids aren't learning them. one person my mum told me about has a £7000 Hammond. He was told it was worth "scrap wood". It is very sad.

What are other people's thoughts on this matter? Does anyone own one or know anyone that owns one? What can I do?

In anticipation...

Dave
I own a Hammond that doesn't get played as often as it should.
I enquired about selling it a while ago (to try and free up a bit of space) and was sadly told the same thing.
I ended up deciding to keep it (my grandfather bought it for me years ago) as I refuse to give it away and don't want to scrap it.

Paul

Ty Paul, at least I know it's not the thicko-locality. It's such an insult though when these are high-quality musical instruments worth hundreds or thousands. What is wrong with people? Why does fashion rules so much? It's very saddening.

not only fashion but size and space, houses used to have bigger rooms where these instruments could happily not dominate the entire room.

The way people "play" instruments has changed as well. I've got a couple of keyboards and they are hooked up to the computer so I can achieve all of the stuff I want to do with them using MIDI (before everyone accuses me of "cheating" I passed my grade 8 piano many years ago).

These older organs don't sound as good as modern keybords (Hammonds and Fender Rhodes excluded) which do an incredible job of synthesizing most instruments and a modern £300 instrument will effortlessly outperform most organs over 10 years old.

It's such a shame but sadly you have found out that the second hand market has all but disappeared.

Best of luck with any future efforts at selling it

Andy

edited to add

have a look here it's a classified page for organs - I think, accoring to other ads you may be over valuing yours.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom