Electronic parts catalog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clkman

Car
2010 E250 CDi
Hi,

I've now got a epc program and it's OK but I'm trying to alter my data card for my vehicle. I want to add a UHI telephone to it, and would like any advice on how to go about it.

Many thanks:)

clkman said:
Hi,

I've now got a epc program and it's OK but I'm trying to alter my data card for my vehicle. I want to add a UHI telephone to it, and would like any advice on how to go about it.

Many thanks:)

Can only be done with FDOK with someone who has LEVEL 4 clearance or higher. Only a very large dealership can do it or head office itself.

My car has most of my mods in the datacard now. :bannana:

In UK dealers can't do it directly, but they can have it done by Mercedes UK ..

The parts department at Greenoaks in Bracknell certainly knows how to have it done - they had my comand-aps and cdc added to my A class.

Having FDOK up to date is now more and more important as systems (like the instrument cluster) are coded by dealers with a long code number (a SCN) which is generated by Mercedes using the FDOK's view of what options are in the car.
So, if you add Comand-APS to a A class, the only way a normal dealer can have the cluster menu for navigation enabled is to have FDOK updated, then have the SCN generated and apply that to the cluster. They dont have the old access to just turn on the navigation screen anymore.

Richard

ps, I dont know how long it then takes to make it to the EPC disks - FDOK was updated in mid march for mine, and didnt make it to the April release of EPC.

R

richard said:
ps, I dont know how long it then takes to make it to the EPC disks - FDOK was updated in mid march for mine, and didnt make it to the April release of EPC.

R

And if they are on the ball like they keep on telling me, it should be on the May verison of the EPC.

Oh, and the EPC, WIS and (Star Possibly? not sure 100% on Star) as you know it, will be moving away from monthly DVD updates and local pc installs and becoming web/WLAN based. It was slated to be around July this year but logistical/local problems in some countries have meant that the date has been moved back to early next year and possibly later if the problems cannot be sorted.

The aim I would imagine is to cutdown on non authorised shops having official work guides and enabling new information to become available as and when approved.

richard said:
In UK dealers can't do it directly, but they can have it done by Mercedes UK ..

The parts department at Greenoaks in Bracknell certainly knows how to have it done - they had my comand-aps and cdc added to my A class.

Having FDOK up to date is now more and more important as systems (like the instrument cluster) are coded by dealers with a long code number (a SCN) which is generated by Mercedes using the FDOK's view of what options are in the car.
So, if you add Comand-APS to a A class, the only way a normal dealer can have the cluster menu for navigation enabled is to have FDOK updated, then have the SCN generated and apply that to the cluster. They dont have the old access to just turn on the navigation screen anymore.

Richard

Some people can get in and mod the cluster even when its SCN is required. Im sure you heard the same rumour.

VBD said:
And if they are on the ball like they keep on telling me, it should be on the May verison of the EPC.

Oh, and the EPC, WIS and (Star Possibly? not sure 100% on Star) as you know it, will be moving away from monthly DVD updates and local pc installs and becoming web/WLAN based. It was slated to be around July this year but logistical/local problems in some countries have meant that the date has been moved back to early next year and possibly later if the problems cannot be sorted.

The aim I would imagine is to cutdown on non authorised shops having official work guides and enabling new information to become available as and when approved.

I would think that it also increases the amount of money they can make from subscribers. Not only are bootleggers annoying zealous in destroying cars but they dont contribute to the general development revenue.

The whole web based thing will be a disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom