elephant man e55 w211 drivers seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kalvin928

Car
S205 C63s , Lotus Carlton replica, CLK 200 Kompressor
picked up the e55 yesterday.... will post pics and stuff soon.... anyway wife had to drive car whilst I was at work.... she couldn't adjust seat but managed to mess about with the lumber support located at bottom of chair.... anyway when I got home I thought the seat was going to explode... there was a massive lump on the squib of the drivers chair... I thought it had something to do with the heat.... I panicked and started pressing the buttons (didn't read manual!!!) anyway its all gone back down now and looks fine... question is isn't there a limit to how much air goes in? another question is that my passenger chair has the pulse and dynamic settings on the chair whilst drivers doesn't.... it just has the inflators for squib and bolsters... shouldn't they be the same on both chairs

shouldn't they be the same on both chairs

most definitely, does the passenger seat work on its dynamic setting? do you have a history with the car? someone from this forum may know this car, more so as you imply it a Kleemanns model, rare. From what you are recounting here regards the spec of the seats, it would seem to me, if the passenger seat works in dynamic, the drivers seat may have been replaced, with a lesser spec seat.
Sure a few much more educated guys on these matters will appear shortly, to answer your queries.

cheers think the car is known to guys at MSL in Birmingham... silver e55, 20" alloys, carbon effect roof. originally on Ebay with D STEF plate..... its not that much of an issue for me as really cant see me using this... the passenger dynamic one works fine with pulse etc... as you said interesting to find out if seat replaced with lesser spec module or the module itself was replaced.. having said that If I could simply place it with one matching the passenger one.... ill probably be taking it local garage to get SRS fault seen to and at same time they can give better advice

Incidentally, and this won't answer your question, the previous owner took me out in that car at MSL last year. It went like a scalded cat. Congrats.

The car all seems well maintained and had no problems driving it down.... The power was unbelievable..... Would like to give my brothers Ferrari 612 a run... Love it to be honest and small faults can be rectified at my pace.....i think I will be content with this for many year... Hopefully even when i can get classic car insurance!!!

ok... there are some niggly issues with this car and Andy at PCD will be getting these sorted after giving it a good going over.... I will give an update on this purchase and may involve 'name and shame' policy.... but I am awaiting some feedback from seller/ third party... so will keep quiet until then... anyway getting back to the question of the non matching switches on the front chair.... as I said previously even though the drivers one is wrong, it seems to work.. side bolsters squeeze in and out and also the relevant ones on main squib.... however I have just seen on ebay the correct switch:
MERCEDES E-CLASS W211 E320 ACTIVE SEAR MASSAGE SWITCH PANEL 2158207210 | eBay

ok its grey... but I can get it coated black if required, but question is will this be suitable for either chair... I cant make out if it drivers or passenger chair? are they universal... I will get verification from Andy before ordering... but if good, then that's another job ticked off!!! looking at both front seats, they are the real AMG deal, but unlknown why different switch fitted to drivers chair.... I will hopefully get some feedback from original owner which will clear the situation up. Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom