ELIZA is alive and well

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've tried a few of these (National Rail have Lisa; Ikea have Anna), but I find they all tend to operate at a fairly basic level. It doesn't take too long to get a generic "don't know" response, and trying to have an actual conversation with them is generally fruitless. Things can get interesting if you start swearing at them, though (not that I'd ever swear at a lady, of course...).

for HSBC its atleast as intellegent than their usual counter staff....

You:

what is a bank?
Olivia:

I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question. You could try re-phrasing the question or ask me something else.

Well, it said "I'm here to answer your online security questions", so I tried: "How secure is my account?" Olivia: "I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question. You could try re-phrasing the question or ask me something else."

So I tried: "Is online banking secure?" Same answer.
"Is my account protected from hacking attacks?" Same answer.
"What if baddies try to steal my money?" Same answer.

I don't think Olivia knows too much. So far I've only had one intelligible (if poorly punctuated) response:

"How are you?" I'm very well thank you for asking. How can I help you?

This is uncanny. The 'conversations' posted above are almost exactly as productive as my conversations with 'Chloe' (or whatever they call the M-B Linguatronic hostess).

She obviously has moved up in the world and into the banking sector having wreaked sufficient havoc on Mercedes COMAND systems. :rolleyes:

I bet HSBC paid some IT company loads of cash for Olivia

Why don't they put real people back in our branches and give us a direct dial number - like it used to be - before all their infernal customer service improvements

Last edited:
Try this:

'Can we have fun tonight? Thanks.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom