Email dates lie.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
For a while now, when I recieve an email from one particualar sender the date on the emails shows in advance.

An email I had earlier today from the sender (a member of MB Club) shows as being sent on Sat 28/05 at 12.30.

The advanced times are consistent with this senders emails.

Does anyone know how this can be possible?

TIA.

Paul.

Could be the date & time on their PC is incorrect.

I'm with Corned.

I was visualising the Ricky Gervais Office Christmas special where he meets up with various girls who don't match their e profile. Great stuff :)

Sorry folks, the offender is me. I was using the callender on the system clock to see what the date was and I set it a day ahead.

Sorry!!!

Sometimes the emails are sent by mobile phone, but not the one I had earlier today (I think), (a forwarded email where the sender didn't type any text).

Sometimes the emails are sent by mobile phone, but not the one I had earlier today (I think), (a forwarded email where the sender didn't type any text).

Phone has correct time and date, however, it all syncs with my email client via IMAP and it may draw the system time down.

My email client is Mozilla thunderbird.

Sorry folks, the offender is me. I was using the callender on the system clock to see what the date was and I set it a day ahead.

Sorry!!!

Hmph! There goes the bl**dy lottery numbers then! :rolleyes:

:D

The advanced times are consistent with this senders emails.

Does anyone know how this can be possible

The email date is set by whatever application creates it and it puts whatever date and time it likes - usually the date / time of the system on which it is running.

So your sender probably has his PC or office server set to the wrong date and time. Sometimes this is a timezone configuration error - in which case the time will be out by a given number of hours (or half hours) and depending on the time sent could mean that the date is a day early or late.

On a related, and (for once!) serious note - I have noticed that the MBClub server post times tonight are about 10 or 11 minutes behind BST.

It's infectious!

On a related, and (for once!) serious note - I have noticed that the MBClub server post times tonight are about 10 or 11 minutes behind BST.

It's infectious!

Say that again..

:devil:

In good news you can get a nice curry in Glasgow for £15 so you do not need a lot of money for a good meal, I should know:thumb:

Not like you to mention food, Steve. :rolleyes: :D

Does Scotland now follow continental time? I thought they hadn't voted yet on independence.
What's next are they in the Euro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom