Email notifications - multiple accounts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

esox

I have multiple AOL email accounts.
I used to use the AOL desktop/software to check them all - i could log into one email username then use a drop-down menu ostensibly used to switch your username - but you could also see if any of the other accounts/usernames had any emails.
AOL software has now been made redundant.
Logging in and out of seven different email accounts on the AOL mail site is a pain..

I use Firefox as a rule and installed `X-Notifier` as an add-on which worked brilliantly for a few weeks but has now apparently stopped working brilliantly.
It did exactly what i wanted - checked regularly for any new emails on my AOL accounts and flagged up a small icon and chime when something reached an inbox.

Are there any other (user-friendly, no complicated stuff..) email notifier programs out there which i could use?

Cheers.

Several options for this.

1/ open a Gmail Account and have it retrieve mail from each of your AOL accounts. If you don't have a separate client dowloaded as in 2, make sure you turn on desktop notifications.

2/ use a desktop email client and add accounts for each AOL account - Outlook, Apple mail or similar. Free ones too.

3/ if you have an iPhone (not sure about Android) create a new email account for each of the AOL accounts. I run several email accounts from my phone. Works a treat.

4/ and possibly other solutions too.

Shout if you need more help. Lots of very knowledgeable guys here.

Thanks, at the moment i`ve added the three main email accounts to my iphone (i don`t really need the others....).
I`ll look into the Gmail option for the laptop, cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom