• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Email Oddity

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, ML63, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
I have an unusual (I think) problem with my emails.

My IP is Talktalk, but I still use my original Tiscali (taken over by Talktalk long since) email address. Following some sort of update at Talktalk, about two months ago I could no longer log on to my Talktalk account using the Tiscali address. Talktalk told me that I needed a different email address, preferably not a Talktalk one, so I opened a gmail account. Success! Everything worked, Outlook was fully functional again.

Three weeks ago, I found that I could no longer send emails from my (Tiscali email address-associated) Outlook account. They appear in the 'sent' folder, but they never reach the intended recipient. However, if I try to send to my old
employment email address, I get a return message from <[email protected]> telling me the email address could not be found. The same, in every way, happens to messages sent from my Talktalk webmail online.

I think the glitch is with Talktalk, not my Outlook, though how the message gets through to the Home Office I haven't the faintest idea. Does anyone have any other suggestions, before I start pestering Talktalk again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom