Embarrasing Moment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jpskiller

Car
Wifes
Coming home tonight from visiting a friend in Pontifract I was crusing down the M62 keeping within the speed limit or there about's.

I had just moved into middle lane to overtake so I was doing around 80ish when a ROBIN RELIANT :crazy: came flying down the outside lane to over take me :eek: and did +

now thats embarrasing

yeah that was me testing my new V8 prototype

Must be this one: :devil:

bigrobin.jpg

I could understand it if your car was a diesel :devil:

Waits for reaction

You were probably unwittingly being filmed on Top Gear :D

In my own defence I was carring small children so did not want to pursue the raving MAD MAN

btw I think there was a strong rear wind:rolleyes:

Years and years and years ago :eek: :eek: I was driving a Morris 1000 estate (with wood panels) with three other big burly blokes on-board and suffice it to say we were travelling quite fast south along the M5 going down the hill to-wards Bristol. As we overtook a Jaguar..... :devil: (who was just about breaking the speed limit) the wing mirror of our Morris 1000 flew off. The expression on the face of the Jaguar driver was a real classic, a Morris 1000 with the needle of the speedo jammed against the stop and four ugly, big ruffy tuffy blokes hurtling by a big Jaguar was a real put down, mind you the poor Moggy struggled on the uphill gradients, but that Jaguar was history.:eek: :)

This was the sort of vehicle, but this illustration has two wing mirrors :devil: Our nearside mirror broke off and the offside one twisted round to become more aerodynamically efficient :eek::) Cross ply tyres, cables brakes.
1967MorrisMinorTraveller.jpg

Happy days.

John

That was the moggy John where the front wheels would go out sideways when the bottom swivels wore out
The thing I enjoyed most was nip[ping along at a tidy speed, then switching off the ignition and switching it back on again :devil: :devil: I doubt it did the exhaust system much good but the bang was impressive! Oh the joyus of yuff!

Cable drum brakes were slightly better than anchors, but I think the footwell was strengthened to prevent me from putting my foot through it. :)

Never did get 219mph out of it though:D :devil: (joke)

John

many years ago i was driving a renault 5 turbo on the motorway doing 90 in the middle lane,a "mature guy"overtook me in a robin reliant and i could not catch him,i slowed at 110,young and daft!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom