Embarrassing Moment #45039

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DITTRICH

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 C200SE & W202 C230K
My 4 year old (across the swimming pool) in a very loud voice
"Daddy, Daddy, LOOK! That lady is FAT!"
...And so she was, but Daddy just wanted the ground to open up beneath his feet.
Kids!!
Les

DITTRICH said:
My 4 year old (across the swimming pool) in a very loud voice
"Daddy, Daddy, LOOK! That lady is FAT!"
...And so she was, but Daddy just wanted the ground to open up beneath his feet.
Kids!!
Les

You should have shouted
"Where? where? I don't see CAT ?"

i heard a classic story like this and let me first point out that i am no way discriminative.

One of my friends boyfriends, when about 2 was sat on his mums lap on a bus, facing his mum and therefore facing the back of the bus. the little boy would lean one side of his mum and say 'hello monkey!', then back the other way and say 'hello monkey!'. when his mum turned around there was a large black fella sat in the seat behind, how embarrassing! apparently the fella saw the funny side and didnt take offence.

just to confirm i am in no way racist and would never use such a derogatary term, just another example of how kids can put u in the s**t!

When aged about 3, our daughter kissed Wifey's mother good-bye and said:-
"Oh Grand-mummy, you've got a prickly face."
Most people pretended not to hear....
Two weeks later the same thing happened again.

You teach children to tell the truth and look what happens......

I can't believe I was once one of those embarrassing little things. I shudder to think about what I might have said/did.

Very Similar event the other day, My son and I saw a midget in Tesco's on Monday evening pushing his trolley, my 4 year old said as we were passing... "his dad lets him push the trolley" .......

Holly thread resurrection Batman.

I don't need my children to create the perfect embarrassing moment.

On Monday:

• Boss: Have you got the agenda I sent you on Friday evening?
  • Me: I don't think I saw an attachment, but I did receive two emails from you whilst I was signing for our new car.
  • Boss: It was in the body of the email, not an attachment.
  • Me: In that case, no I haven't seen it.
  • Boss: Well you replied. It was the one you put kisses on.

:eek:

I checked my sent items and the reply did end with x's

:doh:

A pal was moving house this summer , and his little girl ( 4yrs ) wanted to help the removal men.

Naturally , they let her carry tiny , very light items while they plodded on with the wardrobes and stuff.

The move went well , and they departed.

A few days later , they were having a BBQ in the garden with some friends when the little girl came past with her toy wheelbarrow , and mentioned in passing that ' this thing was f***ing heavy ! ' .....

Went for a Med cruise during the summer.
One day decided to use the Laundrette on deck 8.
Put my washing in the machine and set it to programme 4.
Returned 40 mins later to find programme had been changed to number 7.
Rather annoyed at the thought of someone changing the programme I immediately changed it back to 4.
A rather disgruntled elderly couple in the laundrette commenced to shout at me after changing the programme back to 7.
Not one for taking abuse I accused the couple of interfering with my washing and changed the programme back to 4.
I was told that the washing wasn't mine and the programme was changed yet again to 7.
The conversation became rather heated until I heard the husband who was about to burst a blood vessel shout, "You do realise you are on deck 9".
At this point time stood still and my thoughts turned to "How the -uck do I get out of this one".
One apology led to another and another and another.
With my tail not between my legs but dragging on the floor I quickly exited the Laundrette and returned to the laundrette on deck 8 where my washing was coming to the end of it's cycle.
I eventually returned to my cabin where I quickly changed my shirt in the hope that the elderly couple might not recognise me for the rest of the day.

For those of you who have been on a cruise will know that laundrettes are identical in appearance and location on each deck.

I realised that I had exited the lift on the wrong deck without first checking. :doh:

Had a similar experience with the car, about to unlock it on my return I noticed a dent in the bonnet, "!&%$, when my son asked how long I had the new speakers on the back shelf, what speakers? same colour and model, mine was a bit further down the street.

Following the kinds theme, a couple of years ago when my youngest was about 5, we were at the supermarket checkout when she paused mid assisting placing things on the belt, looked hard at the checkout operative, pointed at them and asked me in a loud voice "daddy is that a man or a woman". A suitable response wasn't easy as in fact, I couldn't tell either.

my son when very young say 3 or 4 was fascinated by midgets and as a result used to shout out when he saw one which i tried to explain to him that he shouldnt shout out,
all very difficult to suppress the excitement of one so young, he listened but still did when he saw one usually from a distance so it wasnt too embarassing.
Anyway one day it happened we were in close proxity of a midget, well we got into a lift and there was a midget in it....
i was mortified as i knew what was coming next
however my son stood behind the midget and knowing what i had told him about not shouting out proceeded to mouth the word , albiet silently "AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"
smiled and got out of the lift with me saying "i didnt shout dad"
i nearly had a heart attack! :eek:
it was better to see than tell

Came out of the Gatwick Longterm car park shuttle bus in pouring rain, it was the correct area and ran to my car and to my surprise the keyless entry didn;t work, surprised tried the remote buttons which failed to work as well. At this point getting absolutely soaked and cursing loudly thinking the battery has died, pulled out the metal key (for the first time ever) and to my surprise that didn't work either. Now absolutely puzzled went around to the boot and then realised someone has changed the number plate! D'oh it was the wrong car! Feeling like an absolute idiot started looking around and sure enough my car was parked 5 spots down from the car I had tried to get into!

In my defence, how many times do you see two CLS's parked that close together in the same colour and even the wheels were the same!

I once rang my sister and my 6 year old nephew answered.

Is mum there I asked?

No he said.

How about Dad then, is Dad in?

Well... sed my Nephew hesitantly.... Dad is busy at the moment, he's upstairs in the bedroom with Zdenka (who was the young Czech au-pair at the time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom