Emergency key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fwd

Car
C270 Estate - Smart ForTwo
Hi Everyone...
Our c250TD (W202) has 3 keys, 2 normal and one flat emergency key which is very easy to carry in a wallet etc and was just wondering if such a beast exists for a C270 (W203) as it is not even mentioned in the handbook, and if available, any idea of the cost ?.
Many thanks

Attachments

• key.jpg
    key.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 6
The fact it’s not in the hand book would mean it’s not a standard issue with a W203, however no harm in asking your local dealer just in case the can be ordered for you’re W203.

I have that flat key, the are very useful, I keep mine concealed inside the car and the metal key blade concealed outside the car so no matter where I go I am never locked out if my remote is lost or fails or the central locking ever packs up.

Dec

Enquired about one a while back when I came within a gnats of shutting the tailgate of an otherwise locked car with the key lying beside the shopping that I'd just put in the back using the tailgate release button without unlocking the car - realised just in time and grabbed the tailgate!
Anyway - £35 and need to produce V5 etc even though I was collecting the car from service on a Service Plan.

Thank you Dec / modelman093 - good idea that and certainly will pop into the stealership and enquire, though I fear a Sharp Intake of Breath from MY local dealership !

I have that flat key, the are very useful, I keep mine concealed inside the car and the metal key blade concealed outside the car so no matter where I go I am never locked out if my remote is lost or fails or the central locking ever packs up.

I've never seen that before - what's the point of the flat plastic part, does that contain the immobiliser chip?

My S203 key has a flat blade inside it, but of course that wouldn't start the car.

Gain access to the car via the flat blade key, insert the plastic key into the ignition switch to silence the alarm and start the car as normal, in essence it does all the normal key functions bar REMOTE lock/unlock/mobilise/immobilise and thin enough to slip into a wallet or hide as DEC mentioned earlier

It does the immobiliser as well so it must have a coil and chip inside it, only difference is that it has no buttons or batteries inside it.

Dec

Enquired about one a while back when I came within a gnats of shutting the tailgate of an otherwise locked car with the key lying beside the shopping that I'd just put in the back using the tailgate release button without unlocking the car - realised just in time and grabbed the tailgate!
Anyway - £35 and need to produce V5 etc even though I was collecting the car from service on a Service Plan.

Is that for a W203?

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom