Emergency Vests

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martinjs

Car
2021 C300 AMG Line Night Edition Prem +
My previous new Mercs have all been supplied with a couple of emergency vests.

There is even a stowage place for them in the door pockets.

Car was collected (C - class) on 1st March, have MB stopped providing them?, the first aid kit and a luggage net were provided.

Seems a bit tight on a car with a £40k+ list price.

Car was collected (C - class) on 1st March, have MB stopped providing them?, the first aid kit and a luggage net were provided.

I suspect it’s down to the dealership which accessories they include. I would be surprised if vests are supplied from factory on a UK car.

We have Mercedes branded ones in our cars, but had to buy them. The last ones I bought were individual and were about £6 on eBay.

Hi Viz vest in car for each occupant is law in some EU countries. In the UK you only have to wear a Hi Viz vest if you want to blend in with just about every occupation that involves getting out of bed in the morning, or at least that's how it looks to me nowadays . That includes me , you must believe me when I tell you I had to thread my boots with HiViz laces on one site I worked on.

April the first was days ago. trust me , it happened.

Have you looked in the very rear of the door pockets? Mine came in black drawstring bags and had been pushed firmly to the rear of the door pockets and just had the drawstring giving away their location.

Have you looked in the very rear of the door pockets? Mine came in black drawstring bags and had been pushed firmly to the rear of the door pockets and just had the drawstring giving away their location.
Trust the Germans to put a hiviz jacket in a black bag and then hide it away where no one can find it without RTFM :p. In France jacket has to be in cabin with the occupants, or at least it had to when I was there last .Gilet Jeaune has a different connotation there now.

...In France jacket has to be in cabin with the occupants...

Same in Italy, though from memory only one is required (for the driver).

I keep one vest in the small stowage net in the passenger footwell.

Yes I spotted the location mentioned in the owners manual but it’s just a big empty space!

Looks like it’s an EBay job to purchase two. Plenty available for about £7 each. I purchased an extra two for rear passengers as Belgium law requires a jacket for all occupants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom