Emissions Saga

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Claudius17

Car
C200d estate W205
Hi all, this is my first post and I’m looking for some help/advice. i bought my C class C200d estate not quite a year ago and it has recently failed the MOT due to emissions. My local indie has been excellent but they have drawn a blank atvsolving the problem. They have tried to solve the problem but eventually sent the diagnostic log to mercedes for some advice. The EGR has benn cleaned and the oil seperater replaced but to no avail. Mercedes have now suggested replacing the CAT and the DPF which is one unit on this vehicle. Cost of part £1500. In all fairness the indie has been up front and suggested the car goes to the local Merc dealership for more tests. They cannot guarantee that this will solve the problem, it’s my call! Any suggestions please.

Mine failed emissions last MOT. MB dealer failed it. My Volvo Indy put in a fuel treatment and told me to thrash the car like i stole it.......so i drove slow and careful not exceeding any speed limits.....

When the engine was roasting hot and after 30 miles of driving as advised, mine passed.....not by much.....

Doubt that is of any real help but you never know, thought id share in case....

I've always found that an Italian Tune Up immediately before the test pays dividends with a diesel. One year I dropped of our old X-Trail the afternoon before. It failed on emmissions as it was tested cold. Fortunately the manager took it out for an ITU before giving it back to the test dept for a retest.

I've always found that an Italian Tune Up immediately before the test pays dividends with a diesel. One year I dropped of our old X-Trail the afternoon before. It failed on emmissions as it was tested cold. Fortunately the manager took it out for an ITU before giving it back to the test dept for a retest.

ITU - Dam good thrashing :p:p ?

Thanks for that, used to do it to my Audi A4 back in the day. Beyond that now with this car!

Update on my emissions nightmare. I left the car at the indie and they investigated further and found that the turbo was leaking oil into the engine breather system. This was causing the egr to coke up and had, over time, affected the CAT. All work completed at an eye watering cost. Brand new MOT so happy with that.
At 4 years old and with just 40,000 on the clock I am thinking of contacting Mercedes as the turbo should not have developed a fault at this age and mileage. The car was a MOBILITY vehicle from new, I am the second owner. There is a full MB service history. Has anyone contacted MB customer services with a fault query and if so what was the response?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom