Emissions Update ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jc651

Car
2012 Mercedes e250 sport
Looking for some advise please.........

Talked to my local dealer to check on any updates that my car has missed and they said it needs SMPC743 update diesel engine control unit software doing. Before I book it in is this update for the emissions software because if it is I don't want it doing as it will wipe my map off and cause no end of problems that other owners have had with there cars.

My car has run great for the last 30k so I would rather not take the chance of getting the update and buggering it up.

Many thanks for any info regarding the update.

Unless there’s fault which a software update would fix, then why would you update it?

Steer clear, especially given your concerns regarding wiping your remap and the emissions update.

It's like a game of Russian roulette... not recommended, unless you are particularly adventurous.

Too much to gain to ignore with forced induction .

I’ve heard lots of negative experiences surrounding this update, both in terms of drive (gear shift points etc.) and MPG.

Thanks guys........... I was more concerned that it was a recall for something else that the car might need. I really don't want the emissions update unless I am forced to have it and even then I think I would sell the car first. Mercedes used the software because it worked even if it was illegal so why would you let them screw it all up with the update.

Had my c220 cdi 2013 in for air bag recall on 21/4/21 at Mercedes Leeds they did the diesel software update and ever since it’s been in limp mode I asked why I wasn’t told they said it’s part of the recall so I explained it’s not and got in to a long discussion with them about their illegal software and eventually the workshop manager agreed that it is down to this and they would fix my car I took it in yesterday and got a message saying cars fixed and to collect it so I went today 1/5/21 to collect and Mercedes Leeds take it to another level told me my car is fixed when I drive 100 yards it’s back to limp and return back tell them it’s not fixed and this time I asked for a courtesy car as I’ve not been able to drive my car for almost 2 weeks and I’ve been very patient and not asked for 1 previously but now it’s becoming a joke asking for lifts and they straight refuse then when I ask to speak to a manager (Paul at Mercedes Leeds) he refused to talk to me then when someone I work with who is there asks me what is wrong and I start to tell him, the manager runs up to me really aggressive and lunges at me like he is going to punch me and his homeboy Rashid starts calling me a **** head I really don’t think that’s the service you should get from a prestigious car brand. All I want is my car to run the same as when I took it to them

That's not good enough at all. I would be looking at taking it further until it's sorted out that's for sure and it's a warning to the rest of us to make sure the update doesn't get done. How can they get away with messing up people's cars that were running perfect before they try and cover up there own mistakes........ The car brand has gone down hill fast and after everything I have learned I will not be buying this brand again once mine has worn out that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom