EML - Ad Blue Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MannyLondon

Car
C
Hi All, I am experiencing issues with the Ad Blue system. My EML came on and soon after the 'Eng. Start not possible in 484 mi', when I checked the Ad Blue Level through the service menu it said 2400 miles remaining. I have been to a garage who have checked on the Snap-on diagnostic tool and the following codes are produced:

P140300 - The control unit 'Adblue' has a malfunction.
P13E400 - The remaining driving distance is limited due to a malfunction in the Adblue system.
P204F96 - The Adblue system (Cylinder Bank 1) has a malfunction. There is an internal component fault.
P13DF09 - The Adblue has a malfunction. There is a component fault.

The EML was reset after topping up with Adblue - Menu reports this is now full, but has come back.

Car is a W205 2016 C220d.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated guy. Thank You

When mine did this it turned out to be one of the Nox sensors. Replaced that then the other one went also, it’s been fine since. I’m sure I’ve read that MB have a known problem with these, and they have been replaced FOC. Mine were done under warranty.

These are complex systems in involving NOx sensors an exhaust SCR unit a reservoir several heater elements a pump a metering valve and control electronics. The urea fluid needs to be heated to prevent it freezing [can't have antifreeze] and a common fault evidently is the heater elements can fail. Its possible this might be your problem. Heres a system on a larger MB vehicle- NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

AND SOME BACKGROUND
Bluetec - A revolution in diesel NOx emissions technology | Search Autoparts

Being a 2016 model I would go to a dealers as it cant be far out of warranty.

Hello. Have you fixed the issue with the fault codes mentioned above? I have the same car 2016 Mercedes C Class that is showing me the same codes. I am not sure how much it cost and what to do as I heard this is a very common fault. Can you tell me how much you have paid to fix the car and if you went to Mercedes? thank you

My harness to the tank was at fault. I checked the voltage using a multimeter etc.

Hi All, I am experiencing issues with the Ad Blue system. My EML came on and soon after the 'Eng. Start not possible in 484 mi', when I checked the Ad Blue Level through the service menu it said 2400 miles remaining. I have been to a garage who have checked on the Snap-on diagnostic tool and the following codes are produced:

P140300 - The control unit 'Adblue' has a malfunction.
P13E400 - The remaining driving distance is limited due to a malfunction in the Adblue system.
P204F96 - The Adblue system (Cylinder Bank 1) has a malfunction. There is an internal component fault.
P13DF09 - The Adblue has a malfunction. There is a component fault.

The EML was reset after topping up with Adblue - Menu reports this is now full, but has come back.

Car is a W205 2016 C220d.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated guy. Thank You
Hello, i’ve got a very similar issue. 3 codes showing
p140300
p204f96
p13df09

how did you managed yours? Some people recommend to delete adblue, erg and dpf but i’m reluctant… 🤷🏻‍♂️

p140300
p204f96
p13df09

how did you managed yours? Some people recommend to delete adblue, erg and dpf but i’m reluctant… 🤷🏻‍♂️
The person you are asking only posted once in 2019.

p140300
p204f96
p13df09

Deleting Adblue, EGR and DPF has implications for emission compliance at MOT and may affect your insurance cover.. Search on the forum for Adblue issues for more information 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom