EML on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ampwhu

Car
W203 200CDI
car is a W203 with a 646 engine.

fault codes are
P2355
P2078
P0100
P2024
P2025

car isn't in limp mode.

any ideas please?

Well suggest you get it on a star and get it looked at, P0100 is the Maf it could be a leaking pipe near the air box, P2024 is either right or left exhaust gas recirculation P2025 is throttle valve regulator.2078 is read fault memory from control unit N15/6 sprintshift control module and 2355 is a complete mystery.

What diagnostic tool was used to get those codes?

Well suggest you get it on a star and get it looked at, P0100 is the Maf it could be a leaking pipe near the air box, P2024 is either right or left exhaust gas recirculation P2025 is throttle valve regulator.2078 is read fault memory from control unit N15/6 sprintshift control module and 2355 is a complete mystery.

silly question, but where the air filter box cover is clipped to the bottom piece, does this need to be air tight? I have had trouble fitting this before when I changed the air filter. (I only have 1 hand at the best of times)

You have the same diagnostic tool as I do,it could be the air filter cover giving you that fault,if you post where you are a member maybe able to suggest a local indy with a star.

this was starting to drive me nuts so I dismantled everything this morning and found the pipe from the MAF to the turbo not seating correctly. there is a red rubber piece of pipe about 1.5" wide that sits between the two, this wasn't connected correctly. took this off and cleaned it. assembled back together taking care to fit everything back as it should.
took the EGR out again and cleaned it again. (wasn't really dirty) and cleaned as best I could inside the manifold it sits on. connected this back up and started the engine. EML was still there so I plugged my scanner in. I cleared the EML and it went out straight away. decided to plug scanner in to get live data. anyone know what this means:

I guess this is good now

sat with the engine running for 20 mins and the EML has stayed off. I have took it to 4000rpm and it revs fine. the idle used to move about abit, but it stays still now.
I guess i'll need to report back...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom