Employed again . . . YIPPEE!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anarchy-inc

Car
C240
Finally got a job offer worth having and I start next Monday!!!! :rock: :rock: Having to look for a job over the holiday season was not the most fun thing to do, but at least it's over now. Back to racking up miles on the CLK . . . rolleyes:

Well done! :D

The Dec/Jan period is the worst time to look for a job, unless you want to work as a picker in a warehouse or shelf-stacker in a supermarket, in which case you're sorted!

Market should be picking up again now...

Great to hear it, what line of work are you in to clock up some miles?

fantastic news - well done - have a narna :bannana:

jimmy said:
Great to hear it, what line of work are you in to clock up some miles?

I've been in sales for the last 6 years. This new job is also sales, covering the M4 corridor and bit on NW London.

anarchy-inc said:
Finally got a job offer worth having and I start next Monday!!!! :rock: :rock: Having to look for a job over the holiday season was not the most fun thing to do, but at least it's over now. Back to racking up miles on the CLK . . . rolleyes:
Excellent News :cool: :cool: Congratulations on the new job!! :D Well done :)

NW London / M4 corridor - heh I've been driving that on a fairly regular basis for the last 18 years or so :rolleyes:

Good luck for the new start next week.

S.

anarchy-inc said:
Haven't done that since I was 16!! I think I'm worth a bit more than that. :rolleyes:
I haven't done that at all, but if I'd not got this Notes contract I might have considered it just to get a few quid rolling in!

is it Lotus Notes?

What a fantastic program .. I used to work for Lotus before IBM bought them

Shude said:
I haven't done that at all, but if I'd not got this Notes contract I might have considered it just to get a few quid rolling in!

C240Sport97 said:
is it Lotus Notes?

What a fantastic program .. I used to work for Lotus before IBM bought them
Yes! :) Notes rocks! :rock:

anarchy-inc said:
I've been in sales for the last 6 years. This new job is also sales, covering the M4 corridor and bit on NW London.

Well done :) I am up and down the M4 all the time (have a customer in Bracknel) I will keep an eye out for your CLK :D

Good start to the new year :D

peterchurch said:
Well done :) I am up and down the M4 all the time (have a customer in Bracknel) I will keep an eye out for your CLK :D

Good start to the new year :D

Hehe, Bracknell. I used to work there . . . never again. One hour plus each way from home.

anarchy-inc said:
Hehe, Bracknell. I used to work there . . . never again. One hour plus each way from home.

The only good thing about Bracknell is the entrance slip road back on to the westbound M4 :D

Shude said:
Yes! :) Notes rocks! :rock:

Oh dear god. This post alone is enough to make me want to leave the forums and never come back. Please tell me you are kidding.

I have had to put up with every mail system there every was at some time or another, but nothing gets an entire userbase as angry as that useless piece of sh*t. Every place I have ever work that used cc:mail or notes - EVERY user wanted to change (even the IT departments). People would sit around and discuss how slow and useless it was from a user's point of view at cofee machines, meetings, dinners! ARGH!

The only nice thing I can say about notes is I like it's searching capability.

Most places I worked that migrated away from it, had instantly happy employees on the day that the new mail system was turned on.

Anyway. Rant over. :)

scotth_uk said:
Most places I worked that migrated away from it, had instantly happy employees on the day that the new mail system was turned on.

:) Scott I think your missing the point (not to get dragged down in a holy war on mail severs) Lotus might rock on a number of fronts:

1) Lotus might rock coz its a missing skill and contracts are premium rate :D
2) Lotus might rock coz it doesn't get continually hammered by every virus going :rock:
3) It might rock because it does not take as long to restore a working mail system as exchange does :confused: ( I’m guessing on that point)
4) It might rock because it does not create a mail box that is encoded in a standard you are prohibited in the licence from reverse engineering ....

The end users opinion does not count in this, as they are just sheep :p
and if they are bitching about something it normally because they "can't play that movie clip that Sharon sent" or something else that is equally pointless

But for the record it you want a nice easy mail system I choose qmail, with Thunderbird as a mail frontend :D

I was talking about Notes as a database system, that was what I thought was excellent .. this was in the early 90s when there was nothing else like it on the market.

scotth_uk said:
Oh dear god. This post alone is enough to make me want to leave the forums and never come back. Please tell me you are kidding.

I have had to put up with every mail system there every was at some time or another, but nothing gets an entire userbase as angry as that useless piece of sh*t. Every place I have ever work that used cc:mail or notes - EVERY user wanted to change (even the IT departments). People would sit around and discuss how slow and useless it was from a user's point of view at cofee machines, meetings, dinners! ARGH!

The only nice thing I can say about notes is I like it's searching capability.

Anyway. Rant over. :)

peterchurch said:
1) Lotus might rock coz its a missing skill and contracts are premium rate :D
Yes. Lotus Notes/Domino contracts are hard to come by because Notes doesn't go wrong as much as other products so less requirement for consultants ;)
peterchurch said:
2) Lotus might rock coz it doesn't get continually hammered by every virus going :rock:
Correct. While notes might store viruses without complaint unless you have a virus scanner there have been no known viruses that specifically effect Notes. This is becoming an issue though because even Notes now uses Java which leave it open to abuse through the MS JVM.
peterchurch said:
3) It might rock because it does not take as long to restore a working mail system as exchange does :confused: ( I’m guessing on that point)
Notes uses a separate mailbox database for each user...
peterchurch said:
4) It might rock because it does not create a mail box that is encoded in a standard you are prohibited in the licence from reverse engineering ....
Couldn't comment on that, but it is as customisable as you could ever want, you could make entirely your own mail system if you didn't like the standard one.
peterchurch said:
The end users opinion does not count in this, as they are just sheep :p
and if they are bitching about something it normally because they "can't play that movie clip that Sharon sent" or something else that is equally pointless
Users will moan about anything! Remember that Notes/Domino is a database system which also happens to do mail. Exchange is allegedly a mail system which apparently sometimes works. ;) The messaging consultants I have worked with who deal with Notes and Exchange have always preferred Notes.
peterchurch said:
But for the record it you want a nice easy mail system I choose qmail, with Thunderbird as a mail frontend :D
Not the kind of thing you'd want to roll out to a few thousand users though is it? ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom