Employment law question, potential restructuring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A-AvantGarde

MB Enthusiast
Car
2015 911 Turbo S, 2019 Volvo XC90 T5 Polestar Optimised
Got an employment law question regarding a potential restructure which may result in a change of role and pay grades and other benefits (car grade & bonus scheme etc). I can't go into details here yet, but it's sounds like a similar situation in this thread by Dougal74 a number of years ago now:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/ot-off-topic-forums/23100-employment-law-advice-request.html

So, if anyone has Employment Law expertise and could PM me, I can give a brief account of the situation and would be grateful for an opinion - just so I know how to play things / understand options.

Thanks!

I will be trying my legal advice helpline from our professional membership body and / or my insurers too...

Last edited:
I've now sought legal advice from my professional association and the lawyer I spoke with has confirmed my initial assumptions were correct.

Individuals cannot be forced to take a lower position / pay. During redundancy and the consultation period, the employer has to make reasonable effort to identify a suitable replacement position. The definition of suitable includes; scope of role, standing / seniority of position within the business, pay and benefits.

So lets see how things go, I may well be looking for new opportunities shortly ;)

My particular situation is quite interesting, I sense I have more of a political issue rather than anything else...

If I may ask, what do you do in IT?

I hate that question as it doesn't have a simple one line answer (other than making our business better by exploiting existing or new IT!)

Broadly, I'm in IT Management for an end-user organisation looking after an Infrastructure team. I also have ITIL v2 foundation and loads & loads of experience with lots of stuff mainly Wintel, data centre, internal IT functions as well as outsourced etc...

Can give more details via PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom