Enabling automatic wipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harley Man

Car
2 x CLK W208 ragtop, C220 estate, and loads of motorbikes
Having got all the mods to work so far on my facelift W208 I have now been beaten by the automatic wipers, I fitted a new screen, the correct sensor and cable, I have a star machine and have looked in all the menu's to find out how to enable it with no success. Is there anyone who knows where to look or who can enable it for me?

I have retrofitted auto wipers to a W169 classic - besides fitting the physical rain sensor and connecting it to the overhead control panel I had to enable this feature using star in developer mode. This has to be done in two places on the W169, not sure about the W208.

Hi, My copy of Star does not seem to have developer mode, or its hidden, so guess I need to find a more up to date copy.

Hi, My copy of Star does not seem to have developer mode, or its hidden, so guess I need to find a more up to date copy.

No need for any more up-to-date copy. It all depends on your licence and you can enter a new licence if needed. Most likely you already have it but you just did not notice it (although it isn't really hidden).

I doubt you need developer mode on a W208. A W169 needs SCN coding, so unless you update the data card and SCN code, then you have to use developer mode to configure things. There was no such thing as SCN coding in W208, and I expect you just need to turn it on in the front SAM and possibly the OCP.

You could go and see Alfie at comand.co.uk in Lightwater, Surrey and they will do the coding for you.

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom