Enabling TomTom HD Traffic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanDfuj

Car
E300 Hybrid
OK, so now I've finally got a Samsung Galaxy 4 with data traffic enabled (and paid for by work), and the connection works -- I can log on access the MB online services via Bluetooth with no problem.

But TomTom HD Traffic doesn't seem to be working, the satnav is still using TMC for traffic. Is there anything I need to do to enable it, like enabling a subscription?

(car is E300 Hybrid delivered Oct 2013 so it should be capable of this)

OK, so now I've finally got a Samsung Galaxy 4 with data traffic enabled (and paid for by work), and the connection works -- I can log on access the MB online services via Bluetooth with no problem.

But TomTom HD Traffic doesn't seem to be working, the satnav is still using TMC for traffic. Is there anything I need to do to enable it, like enabling a subscription?

(car is E300 Hybrid delivered Oct 2013 so it should be capable of this)

Come on guys, more than 200 views and no answer? I thought this forum was the source of all MB knowledge? ;)

Why would you think that tomtom traffic can be used on a mb unit? I can't imagine that it is possible.

chrisdean said:
Why would you think that tomtom traffic can be used on a mb unit? I can't imagine that it is possible.

It's a feature on the newer ones.

I didn't think COMAND needed a data connection through a phone for the TomTom HD traffic service to work :dk:

I had a loan 2014 E Class for a couple of days earlier this year, and without pairing my phone to the car the HD Traffic service was working.

I didn't think COMAND needed a data connection through a phone for the TomTom HD traffic service to work :dk:

I had a loan 2014 E Class for a couple of days earlier this year, and without pairing my phone to the car the HD Traffic service was working.

I think he is referring to using to using tomtom's traffic info service instead of the MB built in service. When you say that you had it working in a loan car do you actually mean that you had the tomtom app on your phone and the mb unit automatically used tomtom traffic in preference to its own embedded service?

When you say that you had it working in a loan car do you actually mean that you had the tomtom app on your phone and the mb unit automatically used tomtom traffic in preference to its own embedded service?
No TomTom app on my phone, and phone not paired to COMAND. Little TomTom HD Traffic symbol in red on COMAND screen, and pretty instantaneous updates of traffic conditions as they changed in the locale I was driving. I was quite impressed!

Yes, I'm referring to using TomTom HD Traffic instead of the default TMC traffic, which is often out of date and only picks up major road problems -- according to MB the E-class from mid-2013 (after the update, which mine is) has a 3 year subscription included, but it's almost impossible to find out anything about it on any MB website.

Announcements referring to Germany say that the car has an inbuilt SIM, but I've also seen ones referring to the UK which says that a phone with a data connection is needed -- I'll go and see if I can find them...

Dealer at the first service said my car didn't have TomTom Live Traffic, later ones do :-(

There's a comms module with a SIM in it on cars with TomTom HD traffic. My wife's (3 week old) A class has it.

Where the TMC menu (bottom of map screen) is on my older NTG4.5, hers has 'Traffic' instead, and one of the sub-menus shows 'Tom Tom live traffic subscription valid to x/x/xx' (3 years after the PDI I think).

Richard

Does anyone know the cost to extend the live traffic subscription after 3 years? MB seem clueless....

Yep my traffic also stopped working after 3 years and no one seems to know how to re-subscribe? Any clues how to re-subscribe to the TomTom Traffic for Comand?

Does this renewal apply to w204 command i.e 2013 reg? Mine has now expired and in two minds whether to renew.

Does this renewal apply to w204 command i.e 2013 reg? Mine has now expired and in two minds whether to renew.

My understanding is that it applies to all COMAND Online models, so yes.

But if you follow the link above and enter your car's registration then it will tell you if this option is applicable to your car.

Doesn't seem too bad a price and probably a worthwhile service. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom