End of British Summer time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

verytalldave

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200K Cubanite
Just a nudge of a reminder.:crazy:

In the UK, clocks go back one hour today.:doh:

Just a nudge of a reminder.:crazy:

In the UK, clocks go back one hour today.:doh:

too late. am, up an hour early.

mind you, am happy to be up so thanks for the reminder. must dash about and change the clocks.

I remembered but the pets still expected feeding at the usual time!

P.S. Expect the usual "How do I set the time on my cluster/COMAND " posts to come flooding in :)

Last edited:
Would you believe that I set my alarm for 2am so that I could put my clocks back?

Gentlemen !
I did not actually set my alarm, I was just asking if you would believe that I did so.

Gentlemen !
I did not actually set my alarm, I was just asking if you would believe that I did so.

Not how it reads;)
Now if you had have said 'Would you believe me if I said that I set my alarm for 2am so that I could put my clocks back?' then maybe we would believe you:devil:

Attachments

• digging.jpg
    digging.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 79
The event was live & uninterrupted here:

chumby uk tv clock - bbc modern

Reminds me of when I was young and you had the girl with the doll as a test card.
Also, at the end of the nights tv shows, they used to play the National Anthem and remind you to turn your tv off. Then the picture disappeared into a dot in the centre of the screen with the annoying high pitched screech.

Unfortunately, I am old enough to remember television shutting down for a couple of hours or so every Sunday about 5pm and then coming back on about 7.
Apparently it was so people didn't have an excuse not to go to church.

How times change..............

Tip

Leave your alarm clock on BST, then you get an extra hour in bed every morning.:D:doh:

Reminds me of when I was young and you had the girl with the doll as a test card.

This one?

TCF.jpg

Last edited:
I remembered but the pets still expected feeding at the usual time!

P.S. Expect the usual "How do I set the time on my cluster/COMAND " posts to come flooding in :)

Well, my car knew all about the time change! Got in this morning and the time was correct (and, yes, it was showing BST yesterday) 2004/54 C270

This one?

TCF.jpg

A tiny morsel of information a few might find mildly interesting.
Was anybody aware that the "X" on the blackboard marked the EXACT centre point of the TV screen? This was just one of many little bits of information tv engineers knew and used when setting up a television

What she looks like now...............

Last edited:
Was anybody aware that the "X" on the blackboard marked the EXACT centre point of the TV screen?

Except on test card 'F' (the one shown), the X is slightly off centre. On the new 'J' and 'W' variants, they corrected this, but alas they are rarely shown these days.

Haven't checked to see if my car has automagically updated. Computers / TV did, oven / microwave / heating didn't. If only they'd broadcast time signals via the mains as well as from Rugby clock / GPS.

BST ended? When did it start?

Alan

Next March.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom