End passenger flights?

• Thread starter Deleted member 65149
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Given that (apparently) the change in traffic and flights have had a discernible impact on air quality already, any thoughts on the government loading higher duties on flying anywhere at all?

We are very fortunate in being able to access such a large continent without needing to fly!
Any bailouts should come with conditions on environmental harms, in my opinion of course.

Go on then. Retreat to your bubble where no dissenting voices can be heard.

I read DMS's post as meaning he is quite up for a reasoned debate, as indeed am I, but you seem to offer little in the regard.

People are more open to accepting other's opinions if they are supported by rhetoric

I read DMS's post as meaning he is quite up for a reasoned debate, as indeed am I, but you seem to offer little in the regard.

People are more open to accepting other's opinions if they are supported by rhetoric

If you were aware how often I've been on the receiving end of one of his condescending rants you'd know I'm owe him SFA. It's what he does. Him and a couple of others. Very tedious.

I wonder why YOU are on the receiving end....

I don't agree with everything DSM posts or many others, but I like to think we have a reasoned argument, not the Monty Python argment

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed - I don't eat strawberries in January or asparagus in November...

We don't need to ; large parts of Hadrian's wall are still extant 2000 years on , and some parts of Antonine's wall still visible too , including a fortlet less than a mile from where I am .

For more recent actual experience , we could look to the Germans , who built one within living memory .

Commissioned by the Russkies and dbuilt by both german and Russian
Greenmanslk we are going to have to stop being so bloody reasonable, people will start to talk.

Get a room, you two!

Oops, too late again.:rolleyes:

There are reasons to believe that flights will continue pretty much as they were before all this, just a little bit more expensive for most.

Indeed.

You cannot debate anything when someone is so blinkered in respect of their own views and when their posts are seemingly constructed to block all semblance of a proper exchange of views.

Indeed.

You cannot debate anything when someone is so blinkered in respect of their own views and when their posts are seemingly constructed to block all semblance of a proper exchange of views.

Even more so when they can't support their view or logically challenge another's view. I enjoy most debates here and I've learnt a bit along the way both at big picture and specific detail level.

Indeed.

If only there was a way you could block posts from those members who you disapprove of.

If only there was a way you could block posts from those members who you disapprove of.
Lol. What about the old saying along the lines of “Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies closer.”?

[QUOTE="knighterrant, post: 2885834, member: 65149"

Air traffic represents less than 2-3% of the global CO2 emissions
[/QUOTE]

Maybe everyone should be forced to become vegan, meat farming does far more damage to the environment. 🤟

Total emissions from globallivestock: 7.1 Gigatonnes of Co2-equiv per year, representing 14.5 percent of all anthropogenic GHG emissions.

Is being confined to a metal tube for a few hours really something to worry about now?
“in-flight onboard filters provide air quality similar to an operating room”

Vote of no confidence?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom