Energy suppliers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Small point - if you're changing supplier and you give them notice and start the switch within a certain period of the end of your current deal (not sure how long, maybe a month) then they are supposed to keep you on your current deal until the switch actually happens. We were with BG, switching to Affect Energy, advised them about 12 days before the end of my deal but switch did not actually happen until half way through the following month (14 day cooling off period once you start the process with Affect, nothing starts until after that). Anyway, BG put me onto their standard tarriff once my deal had ended - but a couple of months later wrote saying they'd made a mistake doing that and had, as a result, overcharged me by about £21 - they still had my DD details so were refunding to that, plus £10 by way of apology!

I am always surprised that the electrons produced by one supplier can be more expensive than those of another. Do the EDF electrons smoke Gauloises and come with a French accent for example. The energy market C’est des conneries! *

* in the interests of balance UK consumers should note that alternative rip off energy companies are available from a wide variety of European sources :rolleyes:

Cant believe some of the dual fuel prices you guys are being charged , we are £180pm for both leccy and gas.

3 bed semi bungalow , triple glazed and properly insulated , everyone out all day and only cooking one meal a day.

I recon the dog must have the heating on all day and his friends over for pizza when we are not in.

Kenny

Cant believe some of the dual fuel prices you guys are being charged , we are £180pm for both leccy and gas.

3 bed semi bungalow , triple glazed and properly insulated , everyone out all day and only cooking one meal a day.

I recon the dog must have the heating on all day and his friends over for pizza when we are not in.

Kenny

:wallbash: You must be paying for next door at that cost per month!
Out of interest, who is your supplier and what tariff?

Not really. It's nice for you in sunny Bournemouth. Snowing up here just now. :(

Out of interest, who is your supplier and what tariff?

Leccy - Scottish Power

Gas - Scottish Gas

Tarrif - Clearly the most expensive one , i think it is called - "Ripoff - Maximus"

Kenny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom