Energy Suppliers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm currently with So Energy. For the first time in 20 years I've moved tariff within the same energy company, rather than switching to a new company altogether for a better tariff, a testament to their service and how competitive they've been.

Even if it does mean my tariff is called "So Yak" o_O

USE this link and get £50-00 off

I've been using bulb nearly 3 years now and no problems. They are also mostly eco friendly.

www.bulb.me/rory1207?utm_campaign=account-referral-share&utm_medium=copy-link&utm_source=copy-button

You may wish to declare your benefit as well. Thought about posting my referral link but as I benefit as well as the other party, did not feel it was appropriate to others on the forum.

I would suggest the OP asks close friends and family if they are using the supplier they choose and whether they have any referral schemes.

Last edited:
duplicated

You may wish to declare your benefit as well. Thought about posting my referral link but as I benefit as well as the other party, did not feel it was appropriate to others on the forum.

I would suggest the OP asks close friends and family if they are using the supplier they choose and whether they have any referral schemes.

My bad.....I thought it was obvious. However, @Big Janner if you use the link you will get a £50 discount and so will I. No skin off anybody's nose.

All
I've also been talking to other car enthusiasts, on another forum.
They, like you, have a lot of good things to say about the smaller suppliers

Given all that has been posted in just 2 days, I think that it will be either Octopus or Avro

Thanks for all your help

Both are/were good, Octopus were slightly better on CS, but when I last switched supplier (20 April last year) Avro showed they'd be over £100 cheaper than Octopus based on my annual dual fuel useage (which I spreadsheet monthly so know exactly what I use). Within a couple of months Avro came out with an even cheaper deal which I was easily able to switch to online.

I switched from SSE to Shell Energy ten months ago. Probably not too hard for them to beat SSE's prices so my monthly leccy bill reduced from £41 to £34 - and I'm already around £50 in credit. Bulb's quote was higher BTW.

I switched from SSE to Shell Energy ten months ago. Probably not too hard for them to beat SSE's prices so my monthly leccy bill reduced from £41 to £34 - and I'm already around £50 in credit. Bulb's quote was higher BTW.
£34 per month?

Is that a typo?

s.jpg
200 year old cottage, five rooms, highly insulated. Oil heating and two logburners.

£34 is very reasonable but not exceptionally cheap. Mine is £24 a month for a 2200 ft2 property. All led lighting and new efficient appliances, no use of electricity for heating and not much for cooking. Consumption has come down remarkably because everything is now so efficient. There are only two of us, 20 years ago when the kids were at home consumption was 3 times higher. In fact it still doubles when they come to visit.

What sort of house/flat do you live in?

I'd be delighted to get my electricity bill so low, we currently pay at least 4 times that.
We pay around £70 a month, on a four bed detached house, both work from home, including charging our two electric cars, so all driving mileage included in this figure (maybe 16k milesm/pa) across both cars (don't public charge much at all). This is with Octopus Go. I've got a referral code if anyone wants to switch to them - gives you £50 credit and me the same.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

What sort of house/flat do you live in?

I'd be delighted to get my electricity bill so low, we currently pay at least 4 times that.
Your electricity bill is £140 a month?!

Ours is about £60/70 and my kids haven’t turned a light switch off in their lives (not to mention two loads of washing a day amongst other things!)

If you want to maximise your savings use seperate suppliers for each utility, try it and update us.

I use Symbio for electricity and Utility Point for gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom