Engine Bay water drain is blocked

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FUGMASTER

Car
C CLASS 220CDI 2013
Hi Gang,

New to site, so apologies if you've all heard this one before: Got a 2013 C Class 220CDI, but I've noticed that water is being held and beginning to smell, from the water drain which sits just behind the battery in the engine bay. My question is, can I access this tube/ water drain to enable me to unblock it, from behind the battery? I've tried poking various things down the opening, but the water just sits there, and won't budge?

All help / suggestions gratefully received!!

Strimmer cord or net curtain wire pushed down should clear it but the muck can be stubborn

Reactions: Ted
One of them sink unblocking flexible tools will do the trick, I usually use an air line to clear the drain after using the flexible sink tool , then put the garden hose in to flush any crap

Well not owned a C class but you might find that the bottom of that tube exits behind the front wheel coming through the plastic inner wing protector,you might find poking something up there may well clear the blockage.I would also suggest there is another tube on the other side,well there is on the S class.

Thanks folks, something to work on; looking at u-tube and the like, it seems to be a common thing on various Merc??

Yes mine use to get bunged up,it is quiet a dry area where I live and so you get lots of dust and then a small amount of rain or the use of the windscreen washers turns it into a paste plus add maybe a couple of leaves and you get mush which blocks the tubes.

Yes, that would describe the area where we live too; I find the drain-ways pretty poor compared to other makes, if I'm honest??!

Once they are unblocked though it is easy to check they are still clear when you wash the car ;)

unblock the drain pipe from the bottom (ie pushing up) not from the top....

I'll be checking all of this out, from the top and bottom,; I'll report back how it went.! Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom