Engine block discolouring/marking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTank88

Car
14' C63 Diamond White Coupe
20220107_092946.jpg

Can this stuff be removed whatever it is? Feels baked on, definitely won't wipe away dry.

Takes away from the otherwise mint valve block!

Looks like the finish is coming off .Just use a little very fine wire wool .Or a scourer pad that you use to wash up with . If more comes off and i think it will you will need to use a silver touch up pen to fill the missing paint .

Is that a brand new car.

From the pic its clear the coating is coning away. It looks like the coatings has been sprayed in as the bolt on the RHS is also the same.

Is that a brand new car.

From the pic its clear the coating is coning away. It looks like the coatings has been sprayed in as the bolt on the RHS is also the same.
I had no idea these heads are coated.

It's not brand new it's a 14 plate with 19k miles.

IMHO, it's just been (badly) painted . . .

Looks like an attack by drops of a corrosive liquid which someone failed to clean up-----brake fluid reservoir or battery anywhere near?

Yes I agree the silver coating is coming off,it might be that the parts were not clean when sprayed and the paint has flaked off as above sand it down and repaint it

Have you allowed any detailing products to dry during use? looks like a chemical etch of some kind, possibly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom