Engine CAN C Connector CLS 219 Where?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Hi,
As some of you are aware, I am retro fitting Distronic to my CLS 55, I fitted the loom the weekend with the exception of plugging in the CAN Connector.
Can anyone tell me where it is? As it is,nt where I thought it was, WIS states it is in the driver's side cable guttering just in front of the 'B' piller, as WIS refers to LHD majority of the time, taking into account the length of loom I have I assumed it would be in the same position but on our driver's side (RHD), but its not.
Can anyone definetively tell me where the Engine CAN C Connector is? Its the one with the Green/Green-White twisted pairs going to it.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Have you looked in the lefthand side sill?

No Peter I havent as yet, but looking at the length of the loom available to me it can only be the drivers side but its not where WIS says it is. The light was failling and had to get the car back together rather quickly but I am wondering if it is up behind the dash somewhere.

a) are you sure you have the right hand drive loom and not the left hand drive loom

b) It should be about in the middle of the duct. But if you can't find it on driver's side, i'd look in passenger side. WIS always shows LHD cars. You have to dig around in RHD cars

Richard

a) are you sure you have the right hand drive loom and not the left hand drive loom

b) It should be about in the middle of the duct. But if you can't find it on driver's side, i'd look in passenger side. WIS always shows LHD cars. You have to dig around in RHD cars

Richard

This was my, sorry Olly's, experience when retro-fitting the loom for the xenon self levelling ...

Well I have definetly the RHD loom.
I took more of the car apart last night, throttle pedal and carpet removed etc, nothing at all yet the other CAN connector was there easily assecible and I startd thinking, i shouldnt have to do this amount of dissassembly to access this connector.
I then decided to look under the bonnet again as there was a nagging concern I had when I had installed the loom, that the section on the inner wing which divided was quite clearly defined on the new loom, and this section was about 300-450mm to long, but I tied it back on itself looked neat and tidy so getting give it another thought till now. This section of the loom has a two narrow bands of different coloured tape on it, looking on the passenger side of the car in a similar place I saw one of the existing looms with a band of tape the same colour as one on the new loom, i then looked further along the said loom and found ytou guessed it another band of tape the same colour as the other band on the new loom. So I believe I have run the loom the wrong way :( I will check in the passenger side sill box for the engine CAN first before ripping out and starting again I feel a bit of a plank especially as I looked at Whitenemesis's car specifically to find out which side the loom ran but thought his run that way because it was factory fitted option and was included in the basic car loom.
Now I am going to have ot remove the washer bottle to access the route for the loom.
You can say it Peter "I told you so" lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom