Engine Carbon Cleaning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Having just seen an ad of FB for carbon cleaning I have been offered this service on my CLK for £69 by a brand known as 'doctor carbon' using a 'hydrogen machine etc'

Link : https://www.doctorcarbon.co.uk/

Any point of this?

They promise better/smoother acceleration, better responsiveness and MPG.

Anyone had any experience?

Mines a 320 with almost 112k on the clock

There's another technique 'shot blasting' using nutshells for ammunition. Wouldn't use either myself, waste if time and money IMHO.

Ive heard of it killing a few engines

I had my doubts anyway

Car runs fine anyway so why fix what ain't broken ayy

I am assuming that the same result can be achieved by using premium fuels (or fuel additives) over time?

I am assuming that the same result can be achieved by using premium fuels (or fuel additives) over time?

No idea..

I only use premium fuels anyway so it's had around 15k of V power/ Momentum in it

Yes. - The fact that putting solvents through your engine does something doesn't necessarily improve anything.

If your engine is coked-up, the question should be "why?". It's treating a symptom, not any underlying problem. - I can't say I've ever noticed any amount of carbon build-up in my engine that I can't shift with throttle body cleaner (although I haven't had any reason to look inside the CLK yet).

I know there are people who swear by this kind of thing, but to me it seems psychosomatic; you want to believe that all the muck coming out of the exhaust is coming from the engine, and that it will run better afterwards. So it feels like it does.

I had my Saab 9-3 TTiD Aero carbon cleaned, if did make the car run a bit smoother and I did pull the intake pipe off the throttle body after and it did clean a lot a crud off the inlet around the EGR valve so worth doing it if your car runs ok, but I think it can be used to try and fix issue hence the reported engine failures, well worth the £69 imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom