engine choices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriss428

Car
w124 230e manual white amg kit+ Yreg W210 E320 Tekiti Grey 7seater hadGina w124 E200te blue 7seater
i am going to be taking my 92/93 w124 230e off the road and do some work to her in cluding replacement engine just wondering what options i have with the manual 5speed box i have as would like to keep manual was posably thinking 2.3 16v kompressor????:dk:

any ideas or help?

cheers chris

come on guys need to get the plans in motion or it will never happen :(

I reckon a chipped OM 612 270 cdi 5 cylinder diesel would be a great engine for the car.

I reckon a chipped OM 612 270 cdi 5 cylinder diesel would be a great engine for the car.

so what model is that from?

211 203 209

lol ok then dash i will try and put numbers to models and have you any sajestions?:D

The problem you are always going to come up against Cris is that all the electronics of good later model engines were more "integrated" into the main vehicles electronic systems. e.g. quite often the engine and gearbox ECUs communicate constantly to each other , and the main engine ECU has links to the ignition, security and brake/stability control systems for example . Transplanting the engine [ and almost certainly the associated gearbox] is easy compared to fooling the engine/gearbox electronics to function as if they were still in their original car- can be done-- but very tricky without an in depth knowledge of modern vehicle electronic systems.

lol ok then dash i will try and put numbers to models and have you any sajestions?:D

I`d recomend you get an M103 3.0L as it will be much simple

The problem you are always going to come up against Cris is that all the electronics of good later model engines were more "integrated" into the main vehicles electronic systems. e.g. quite often the engine and gearbox ECUs communicate constantly to each other , and the main engine ECU has links to the ignition, security and brake/stability control systems for example . Transplanting the engine [ and almost certainly the associated gearbox] is easy compared to fooling the engine/gearbox electronics to function as if they were still in their original car- can be done-- but very tricky without an in depth knowledge of modern vehicle electronic systems.

i was planning on trying the same age engines as to try and find a fit for my box and ofcorse replace the loom and ecu's am not afraid to do a complete strip down as well when she off the road she ant coming back till she done :D

I`d recomend you get an M103 3.0L as it will be much simple

m103 =190e??

The m103 is the early 6 cyl 12v found on w124,cheap and not to comp to do the job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom