Engine Compartment Fuse Boxes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GlenQ

Car
2004 W220 S320 CDI
Hi

S500 W220

Before I get out the DMM does anyone know if either of the two fuse boxed located under the bonnet are ONLY LIVE when the ignition switch is turned on?

I am trying to find a fused supply for a set of DRL's that will only illuminate when the car is running.

I know that I will have to run this supply through a relay to turn off the DRL's when the headlights are on.

Last edited:
Is it really necessary to have the DLRs off when ignition is on but the engine is off? It would be easy to find a 15R fused output but the "engine running" signal might need to come from a CAN BUS (like the alternator on signal).

Is it really necessary to have the DLRs off when ignition is on but the engine is off? It would be easy to find a 15R fused output but the "engine running" signal might need to come from a CAN BUS (like the alternator on signal).

I only need the DLR's on when the ignition is on then take that feed through a relay that is open when the headlights are on so I need a fuse that is only live when the ignition is on.

Will taking a supply from the headlights (to energize a relay) throw up a fault with the headlight monitoring system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom