Engine cover bolts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Labuxas

Car
2005 W211 E320 CDi Avantgarde
Hi,
Not sure if I'm in right place but I was wondering if anyone knows good alternative for engine cover bolts for W211 2005 E320 CDi part number A0039904112 Rcently I had leak from injectors and when I took the cover I didn't tighten them enough and I lost them ... only 2 left now and it is bit noisy as its loose. I found on eBay £4.62 for one ... Which is a bit pricy considering I need a lot of them. Found website from Europe 1€ each but delivery starts from 17£ so that's a lot as wel.
So I was thinking if anyone knows good replacement for them like buy bolts and washers separate... Or maybe it's not recommended. From what I gather they need to be wery strong to withstand vibration.

Hi,
Not sure if I'm in right place but I was wondering if anyone knows good alternative for engine cover bolts for W211 2005 E320 CDi part number A0039904112 Rcently I had leak from injectors and when I took the cover I didn't tighten them enough and I lost them ... only 2 left now and it is bit noisy as its loose. I found on eBay £4.62 for one ... Which is a bit pricy considering I need a lot of them. Found website from Europe 1€ each but delivery starts from 17£ so that's a lot as wel.
So I was thinking if anyone knows good replacement for them like buy bolts and washers separate... Or maybe it's not recommended. From what I gather they need to be wery strong to withstand vibration.

Sorry can't help with sourcing new bolts, but just to say that on a general note vibration is dealt with by applying locking compound to the bolts' threads, not but using 'stronger' bolts.

Said that, if the cover is made of plastic then the flexibility of the material should be enough to keep the bolts from working themselves loose as result of vibration.

Also, if you have a local hardware/tools store near you, you could take the bolts to them and ask them to match the bolts - they should be able to measure the thread and find a suitable alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom